Search Unity

Sell (my personal) Unity Pro 5.x Perpetual Licence (Is it allowed? What is it worth?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guybrush-threepwood732, Dec 3, 2017.

1. guybrush-threepwood732

guybrush-threepwood732

Hello,

EDIT: I mean sell my own single license. Not reselling as a business.

is it allowed to sell a "Unity Pro 5.x Perpetual Licence"? And if yes, what do you think is it worth? It includes: Team License 5.x, iOS Pro 5.x, Android Pro 5.x.

So it is basically the last non-subscription full version.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. LaneFox

LaneFox

3. guybrush-threepwood732

guybrush-threepwood732

Uhm.. k... Any sources?

4. guybrush-threepwood732

guybrush-threepwood732

Ah. Maybe this was unclear. I don't want to "re"-sell licences in general as business. I want to sell my own personal licence to my own company.

5. carking1996

carking1996

I don't think you can do that, either.

6. nat42

nat42

So this is like an accounting question? Maybe you should see if you are mistaken and you meant to pay yourself back for the purchase you made for the company?

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Contact unity support if you want to transfer your license to your own company if it is your account, this might be possible. But selling it is not permitted by the EULA which is your source for information.

Unity sales may be able to come to an arrangement where you could do something like get a refund and apply it against purchasing a new license for the company or something like that, or just transfer it. I don't know, I'm guessing.

But you can talk to Unity about licenses and stuff like this with their chat (and I recommend all questions of this sort be directed there in future if people ask since it's their job...)

https://create.unity3d.com/chat

8. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Then no. You cannot sell or transfer your license. But, as hippo pointed out, contact Unity, more than likely the best you can hope for is a discount on a new license, but that may be worth it.

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If your license wasn't for you and instead it was assigned to your company, then I don't see why selling your company couldn't transfer the company license to the new owners. Outside of that I think you're stuck.

With Unity 2017 out for a while now, I don't know how much value there is to your perpetual 5.x license. I've assumed my perpetual Pro licenses for 5.x and 4.x were pretty much without value since a few months after 2017 came out, personally.

10. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Well in that case the license would belong to the company regardless of who owned the company. No transfer is needed.

11. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Yeah that's what I was getting at. If the license belongs to the company then whoever owns the company should be able to delegate the use of the license, even if that isn't the original owner of the company.

angrypenguin likes this.