Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Self-Illumin materials no longer working in 4.2?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by huxley, Aug 10, 2013.

1. huxley

huxley

I've updated a project from UNity 4.0 to Unity 4.2.0f4 which makes heavy use of Self-Illumin materials to light the scene. In 4.2 the scene no longer bounces Emission from that material.

Can anyone confirm this is this a bug in 4.2? I'm copying over the extact same scene with all settings the update, so I see no reason that there would be a change with the lighting.

Even when I turn the Emission value to thousands, there is no effect in the rendered scene. Yes, I have Unity Pro, Yes bounces turned to on.

2. huxley

huxley

I have made several tests of self-shaded materials and get the same result. Can anyone confirm that this has been bugged in 4.2?

3. sonicviz

sonicviz

It appears to be.

I'm just updating an app atm which uses procedural plane and Self-Illumin/Diffuse which works ok in the editor but when I build to pc or mac desktop is showing pink, as in broken. Big problem as the planes are color coded and now my app is broken!

Anyone else confirm?
    Has this been reported as a bug?

Any idea what I can use for a replacement?

ty!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  4. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

unityunity