Search Unity

Self-Assessment bugged out.

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by Walbert-Schmitz, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Walbert-Schmitz

Walbert-Schmitz

I sent an email at certification@unity3d.com explaining the bug.
    I haven't found much help there and we are still writing back and forth.
    Requests #136386
    Since my exam is approaching fast I wanted to see if I can get the process of fixing it accelerated.

The problem is the following:
    After completing a chapter and doing the Self-Assessment, when I want to repeat the Self-Assessment it won't allow me to do it.
    At the beginning I took the Self-Assessment "tests" with no problem I could repeat them as many times as I wanted, but then suddenly it starting bugging out. It does not let me select any of the answers.

noSelectionPossible.jpg
    noBug.jpg

It won't allow me to select an answer so I can't continue to the next question.

Somehow it has saved my progress. I deleted all cookies and cache several times. I logged in from work and from home and I used different browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. The bug persists in all browsers and my progress is SAVED. It shows me which ones I have done already and I can't repeat the Self-Assessment from the chapters I have already done.
    I asked for your co-worker to reset all saved data from my user, so just a restart. She said she did it, but all my statistics are the same and nothing has really changed.
    Since I already tried 3 different browsers on two different PCs I do believe the problem is on your end.

I do need this to be solved urgently, because my exam is in a week.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Roland

ALSO: Chapter 20 doesn't have a Self-Assessment section.

2. latas

latas

Same in my case. I've started my courseware several days ago, and the tests worked. So it means, when the tests didn't work for you, really works for me. So my guess, is , there is a control check in some place of the self-assessment that when a user reaches some amount of answers in the test something is blocked. Because if that flag does not exist, the tests work for users, but after a period time of using, they stop working.

Walbert-Schmitz likes this.
  3. ZeFirestarter

ZeFirestarter

I wrote to certification@unity3d.com. The case-worker there did the following:
    "I've un-enrolled you from the course that you're in and enrolled you in another version of the same courseware."

This worked and I could do all the self-assesment tests again, BUT only one time. After that they bugged out again.
    The same happened to the people who took the certification exam with me. Maybe it is a regional issue. It seems like they safe our progress server-wise and not in cookies in the browser. I logged in from a new PC and all the chapters that I did were marked.

Any Feedback from Unity would be greatly appreciated.

Walbert-Schmitz likes this.
  4. latas

latas

5. The_Lele

The_Lele

I have the exact same problem.
    I also wrote to certification@unity.com. They gave me a number request #140932, but no answer.

6. mizkun

mizkun

Same issue happens to me...