Search Unity

Question selectively toggle MARS modules?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by MiniFish, Apr 13, 2022.

1. MiniFish

MiniFish

We're having issues with users unable to download our app through the PlayStore due to incompatibilities, and after a little back and forth with Goggle support we found out it is most likely to be caused by ARCore. Since we are only using Image Marker features, i'm wondering if it's possible to selectively toggle modules. However i do not know how intertwined the system is, or if the very idea of toggling features is even a possibility, so any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. we did try distributing APK files to those affected and got some success in getting the app through Google's gatekeeping. Seems like what we're doing with the app isn't all that tied to ARCore itself but this is a tricky issue so we couldn't be sure.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

I assume your issue is because your app has a dependency on ARCore (sorry, not super familiar with the Play Store processes)? Using MARS doesn't have a hard dependency on ARCore, but getting it to do anything useful on Android basically does, as it depends on the underlying platform - ARCore is doing the actual image marker recognition underneath MARS.