Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Selection Outline Color

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by VegetarianZombie, Apr 19, 2018.

1. VegetarianZombie

VegetarianZombie

Hey there,

In the Unity preferences, I can select my selection outline color. In the preference window, the Selected Outline color shows up as orange, but in the actual scene view, I'm seeing the yellow color.

In the above image, the left hand side shows the outline how it currently looks in the Unity 2017 and the right hand side shows how it looks in 2018 beta. I'm currently taking screenshots for a book project so these small differences matter.

Any idea what is going?

2. smcclelland

smcclelland

Administrator

Hey there,

So in 2018 we made a small change for new projects that they will default to be Linear colour space in the Player Settings panel. If you don't need or require the linear colour space then you can get the original colours in the left-most image back by going Edit -> Project Settings -> Player and setting the Color Space property to Gamma.

Hope that helps!

3. chanfort

chanfort

Is there possible to change this selection outline colour to a different one (i.e. blue, green, etc.)? And is there possible to reproduce this selection outline shader with the new Shader Graph and use it in game as well?

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

5. chanfort

chanfort

Thanks LeonardP for answering. I just tried to put shader into my project and create material in Unity 2018.1b12 (ECS special build). However, it does not show the outline in Editor. And in game the object is not appearing.
    Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 14.49.49.png

I might be missing something or like Tim-C said, it might be needed to do 1-3 steps. Did anyone managed to get this shader working correctly on in game view?

P.S. Probably worthwhile to move this discussion some place else as it's getting a bit unrelated to beta...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018