Search Unity

Selecting terrain takes long to load brushes !?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Vagabond_, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, this might be an issue or normal, but taking a few seconds to select terrain seems to much especially if you do it often. Slow selection seems to be related to loading brushes, looking at the profiler !

In current selection it took around 2 seconds to get terrain selected. Some times based on terrain it takes more than two seconds. We be great it this get optimized ! Thanks !

Is this common or may be it's just me having this issue !?

P.S. - using Unity 2019.2 b9 and having latest terrain tools package installed (v 1.1.4)

upload_2019-7-12_9-43-1.png

Phoenix116 likes this.
  2. wyattt_

wyattt_

Unity Technologies

Hey! Is this every time you select the Terrain?

3. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, ( i forgot to mention that this happens with the resources installed )

In general yes. Almost every time. But as i am now with b10 and i was doing some UI work these days i did not test it.

So, i just created a new test project and i also checked my working project and it seems now it only happens the first time you select a terrain which seems ok.

But yeah in b7 and b9 i literally have got this issue on almost every click on the terrain even more when i go and work on environment props and then select the terrain by mistake , it took a couple of seconds to get selected.

I don't see this issue now with b10, so let's pretend it is fixed or gone, and i will test it as i'm working and if the issue is still here, will let you now again !

Thanks !

4. wyattt_

wyattt_

Unity Technologies

Ok. Sounds good! Thanks for checking and do let me know