Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Selecting Gameobject with sprite renderer with negative x scale is not working.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by castor76, Nov 4, 2021.

1. castor76

castor76

For Unity 2021.2, using 2D

if you have a simple game object with negative scale, you can't select it easily by clicking on the sprite object. You have to marque area select it instead.

This is highly annoying, and was not like this before 2021.2.

2. castor76

castor76

I have made bug report : case (1381316 )

3. Lepisto3D

Lepisto3D

Same problem for me still, in Unity 2021.3.8f1

I really can't figure out the issue. If I rotate my camera around, it allows me to click select on some of the sprites. And if I flip the X / Y on the renderer, sometimes it works too, but there doesn't seem to be a specific pattern or anything.

Can add that this happens even on sprites that are not negative transforms.

4. kodra_dev

kodra_dev

I kinda figured this out. Basically the "Sprite" shader has some weird setting (like it looks two-sided, but gets culled like a one-sided thing). The workaround is to use Unlit (not "Sprite Unlit") shader with "Render Face = Both".