Search Unity

Selecting components to install feedback

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by evyatron, Jan 30, 2018.

1. evyatron

evyatron

When installing a new Unity version through the Hub, it shows a window allowing you to select which components to install.
    • No sizes - in the previous installer we were shown the download size for the components, I would like that to be added back in.
    • That window is currently really small and there's a lot of spacing between items. You see about 4-5 items and have to scroll for the rest - there's really no UX reason for that. I would suggest a lot less spacing and making the window bigger, so you can take in more at once - less friction for users.
    • After uninstalling a version from the Hub, it kept the folder with some files on drive. modules.json and SketchUpAPI.dll. I never used that editor (simply installed then immediately uninstalled after).

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Greetings!

Thank you for the feedback. I will answer your concerns in the same order:
    • We are actually working on it and you should see both download and "on disk" sizes in the coming iterations.
    • I will let our UX team know about your suggestion. We'll try to make it work for everyone :)
    • This is unfortunate. Normally all files are removed. Were you prompted for admin privileges at any point during the uninstall? Also was any error message displayed after?
    Best

3. evyatron

evyatron

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply!

Second point - I realise that it might seem like a personal preference, however I think since most people likely use large screens, there's no reason to shy away from making the box bigger and the content smaller :) Or, you could maybe just make it resizable!

Re the third point - there were no errors during or after the removal, though when I went to manually delete the folder I was prompted for admin privileges (though it's a bit weird - since I wasn't for installing).

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Your uninstall issue seems confusing. Could you specify which version of the editor (and possibly which components) you had installed? We'll look into it and try to resolve this in future releases.