Search Unity

selecting any camera makes UNITY freeze

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by PIX500, Sep 11, 2019.

1. PIX500

PIX500

Good morning,
    I had different issues on my UNITY installation...
    I'm at work now and I will give you more informations later if needed.

I have Windows 7 64 bits, SP1.

First I couldn't install Visual Studio when Installing UNITY 2019.
    I solved the problem by installing 1 Windows update (I'll give you the number).

I also had the error message saying there is an issue witht he script class name / MonoBehaviour.
    Certainly linked to this, I couldn't add my scripts on objects.
    It was not a name issue. I installed Unity again but same problem.
    On that second installation, I notice there was a message asking to install aWindows update (I'll give the number).
    I installed this Windows update that was advised at the Unity installation and the problem was gone.

But... now I can't select any camera, even the one by default when creating a scene, because when I select one, Unity is freezing and I need to restart it. Same thing when I select on the left column or the scene view.

What should I do ?
    The first update I told about was one that had warnings and could bring problems so I tried to uninstall it with one given by Microsoft (I'll give the number) on their site. I seems it didn't work.
    So I uninstalled it by remiving from the Control Panel.
    Same camera issue in Unity. I installed this update again.

I installed last version of Unity gain : same camera issue.
    I tried to install the previous one : same...

Then went to bed... :)

Anyone had this issue with the selection of cameras that frezzes Unity ?
    Do you know how to fix it ?
    Unity 2019 should work with Windows 7 SP1 right ?
    Since I installed Windows 7 few months ago, I didn't add any other updates except the ones I told you about and one from Net Framework. So only SP1 + those updates.
    I could probably install KB3125574.

Do you think it can be related to Windows updates ?

2. StarManta

StarManta

I see you've tried multiple Unity versions; have you tried a different project file? Have you tried sending the project file to see if they have the same issue with it on a different machine?

3. WarmedxMints

WarmedxMints

Unity should work with Win 7 SP1 and above. I would install all the windows updates available. However, there is also a hardware requirement for Unity. As you are running a discontinued OS, is your hardware modern and compatible with it or is it as old as Windows 7? What CPU and GPU are you using?

4. PIX500

PIX500

@StarManta :
    I tried different projects, yes.
    Actually, even with a completely new project, when clicking on the main camera or a new one, Unity freezing.
    I didn't try on other machines.

@WarmedxMints :
    I remember using Unity (which version?) 2 or 3 years ago on the same Laptop but with Vista and no issue.
    My computer is an ASUS G50v, bought in 2008 :) But working fine until now (I barely install programs though).
    I installed Windows 7 64 last June. On the offical ASUS website I got the drivers for SEVEN so I suppose it can Handle it (as it could handle Windows Vista 64).

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Ahhh, a DX 10 GPU released during the Bush administration.... Not surprised.

Even though it technically meets the bare minimum of the published minimum specs for Unity, nVidia hasn't put out a driver update for this GPU in many years, and I seriously doubt this series of GPU's gets any QA time from Unity. It is time for a new computer.