Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Select text when TAB to box in Inspector?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by T_Man, Oct 21, 2017.

1. T_Man

T_Man

Yesterday, I did a fresh Windows 10 installation on my PC, and installed Unity v2017.2.0f3. Previously, I had v5.5.4p3 installed.

In the Unity editor Inspector window, I noticed the component text boxes don't behave like they used to, when tabbing between them. In previous Unity versions, when I would tab to a new box in the Inspector, it would automatically select the contents of that box; so that if I typed anything, it would overwrite everything in that box. Now when I tab to a new box, I cannot even type anything in the box unless I hit enter first (or click on it with the mouse...which defeats the point of tabbing to it), then type...even though the box has focus.

I don't know if this is even related to the Unity version at all or not, but I know in all older versions I used, it worked differently. I much preferred it the old way when I didn't have to hit enter before typing in a value. Is there some preference I can set in Unity that will change this, and I am just not seeing it? Or could this even be a setting somewhere in the Windows OS itself, that would affect how this tabbing between boxes/selecting contents works in Unity?

I know this seems minor, but it does slow down my rhythm a little... So if anyone knows how I can change this, your help would be appreciated.

2. mgear

mgear