Search Unity

'Select' gesture offset in free aspect using simulated Holographic Emulation.

Discussion in 'VR' started by Errors4l, May 4, 2017.

1. Errors4l

Errors4l

Greetings,

Apologies if this has been reported before; I couldn't find anything related.

Just recently I've upgraded from Unity ~5.4 to 5.6.0f3. To speed up development, I started using the 'Simulate in Editor' option for Holographic Emulation. When testing this on an existing project, I noticed that the select gestures sent using my Xbox 360 controller (A/LT/RT) were to the left of the actual gaze direction. In the attached image, you can see the left button being highlighted despite the cursor being on top of the right button.

Parts of the project I'm working on make use of the gaze direction (using the GestureRecognizer), but for the main UI I use the HoloLensInputModule component to handle everything for me.

After looking around in my code and changing some settings I realised this issue is caused by me using the 'Free Aspect' resolution mode. Changing the resolution to 'Remote (1268x720)' solved the issue.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something overlooked, because the official documentation for Holographic Emulation includes an image where the free aspect mode is being used (or this simply doesn't affect the remote connection option).

Attached Files:

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Thank you for letting us know, I filled bugs to have the docs updated for Simulation. Also, I filled a bug about the Remote resolution not automatically being set when you enter play mode with simulation set.