Search Unity

Select dependencies in 2019

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by mitchtbh, Jun 19, 2019.

1. mitchtbh

mitchtbh

Working with asset bundles has been quick and easy - I'd create a prefab of something, right click and select dependencies. From there I can set all of the assets to be under a specific asset bundle and then build.

Updating to Unity 2019, this process has become a bit harder. When I select dependencies, it won't let me set all of the assets to an asset bundle. It seems the mono scripts are getting selecting and are getting in the way of setting everything at once. I basically have to narrow the selection one by one by setting all of the animation components, then the textures, then the audio etc.

Is there a way around this that I'm unaware of?

Thanks!

2. mitchtbh

mitchtbh

Anyone have an easier way?

3. MacroPinch

MacroPinch

Yes, this is a huge pain for us too. When you select 2 or more files of different types, for example, a Prefab and a Scriptable Object the AssetBundle menu in Unity disappears and you can't assign the asset bundle to both files. You have to do it one by one. One of our projects has several hundred files and this change in Unity 2019 is a massive disappointment.

4. mitchtbh

mitchtbh

Have you managed to find a workaround for this? Or are you sticking with 2018?

5. MacroPinch

MacroPinch

Moved to 2019 and we are using scripts to set the asset bundle name based on some rules/filters. It's not optimal.