Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Segments, use with old Data

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Modernllama, May 18, 2018.

1. Modernllama

Modernllama

Hi,

Wanted to check with regards to segments and old data? I made a new segment which I wanted it to apply to all the data I've received so far. Is this possible? From what I've read it sounds like it isn't which is a bit frustrating as there's no indication that segments need to be explicitely setup ahead of time.

Wondering what my alternatives are if that's the case? I just want to get an event and see how many people have scored above a certain threshold in one of my event parameters but can't seem to see an alternative way of presenting that data other than Raw Data Export. But as a plus subscriber and a freelancer, I can't really afford to step up my subscription tier.

Thanks,

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

@Modernllama You are correct, we don't back fill segments with previous data. If you want to open a support ticket, we could query our backend for you (one time basis) to get this data for you, if that would help. You can open a support ticket here https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support/ , be sure to include your UPID/ProjectID and specific event(s) and timeframe.