Search Unity

Bug Segmentation fault (core dumped) in Standalone App but not in Editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Tornar, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Tornar

Tornar

Hello,

My game is closing abruptly with only a "segmentation fault (core dumped)" error in console, no errors in Player.log, and it only happens in standalone, playing in Editor it never happens.

I'm going crazy to try discover why it is happening, anyone know how can I debug this kind of error?

I have seen that it works well if I delete aprox. 500 objects of the scene, but it doesn't make sense, anybody could help me?

More Info:
    Everything works perfectly on Mac and Windows, only fails on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04LTS).

The error has started when I have imported a package of the world game. I have done it hundreds of times without problems until today.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    deus0 likes this.
  2. Tornar

Tornar

Wow! After two days of tests and going crazy, I have found out that disabling "Graphics Jobs" in Player Settings, everything works perfectly other time. Can anyone explain me why?

Thanks!

deus0 likes this.
  3. Tornar

Tornar

It only happens in Linux, and it works perfectly with "Graphics Jobs" setting activated in Windows and Mac, so I think it is a bug. Anyone of Unity Team could tell me if I need report it in another place?

deus0 likes this.
  4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

5. Tornar

Tornar

Ok, I have reported it in Unity Editor,

Thanks!

6. GambitMonkey

GambitMonkey

I am having this same issue in Unity 2021.2.17f1 and unchecking the Graphics Jobs did not fix it. I am getting this error in both Mono and IL2CPP builds of the project. I have created a new HDRP project with one scene which just displays text on the screen and same behavior.

Attached Files:

peq42 likes this.
  7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's very likely you're running into a different issue. Please report a bug.

8. Tornar

Tornar

I already reported the bug, but Unity team has no been able to reproduce the error. I guess they don’t have looked into it seriously

deus0 likes this.
  9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

What's the bug number?

10. deus0

deus0

I'm getting the same issue but this does not fix it for me. It only crashes in non development IL2CPP linux builds after booting the game.

11. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Probably not the same issue then. I'd suggest reporting a bug.

12. deus0

deus0

Hi,, I found out (sorry for late post) that it was due to entities auto bootstrapping. It's been bugged for a couple of years! I made a custom bootstrap and that seemed to fix it. I tested this by comparing the logs with a mono build which showed the error. Other then this it did not throw an error in the il2cpp build logs. I made a post about it!

Sinister-Design likes this.
  13. peq42

peq42

I get this same exact issue on 2021.3.14 lts

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  14. Miqeo

Miqeo

In the Player Settings -> Scripting Backend change from Mono to IL2CPP. It helped me on linux mint. (Unity 2021.3.15)