Search Unity

Seems like a lot of sketchy "talent" applying to my task. What's the deal?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by BIGTIMEMASTER, Nov 29, 2017.

1. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

I keep getting notified that my job has attracted such and such talent. When I check out the people's profiles, they seem vastly overqualified. Usually from India or China, with a degree from an Ivy League school, 6+ years working in the industry, 100% customer retention... the list goes on and on. They will have some portfolio work, but when you click it there is just some generic game photo -- nothing more.

My "job" is in the non-paid category. It's just a hobbyist artist looking for a programmer to help on a prototype. So if these people are legit, which they definitely don't seem to be, why are they applying to my post?

Are these some kind of bots? Fishing for something? What? Or are they just people drastically overselling themselves?

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey BigTime,

Reach out to me personally at markp@unity3d.com. I want to see who these accounts are.

Mauri likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I havent posted any jobs myself but I have heard of a lot of scams arising. Seems connect has their work cut out for them (sure they will sort all this out).

Hopefully we can get the scammers under control before it gets out of hand!

Dreadedclown likes this.
  4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

I have "connected" with one talented individual, so for me the platform has served it's intended purpose. But certainly a good bit of cleanup will help it feel more professional.