Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking developer partners for the Indie eSports League

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by IEL-Gage, Mar 31, 2020.

1. IEL-Gage

IEL-Gage

Hey Everyone!

My name is Gage, and I’m in charge of Developer Outreach for the Indie eSports League, an exciting, new company built from the ground up to support indie developers and their games with an easy and free way to bring eSports to any game.

TL;DR - We’re launching our brand new, multi-game, multi-system eSports platform in the next 30 days, and we’re looking to partner with developers interested in giving players new ways to discover and enjoy their games.

Now for a little bit more detail!

Who are you guys?!

We’re a group of lifelong gamers who wanted to build an easy means for indie developers and publishers to integrate competitive gaming into any type of game.

But why an Indie eSports League?!

Indie games are the lifeblood of the industry, but as it stands now eSports and competitive gaming are restricted entirely to AAA games and gamers. We want to bring competitive play to the other 99% of games and gamers.

Okay, but how does it actually work?!

We’ve developed an easy to install API that’s able to track pretty much any quantifiable metric. You decide what stats to track, and then your or your players can join, create, manage, and monetize leagues based on any or all of those statistics. Just decide the length of the league and how to win, and the leaderboards will automatically populate with the results of anyone who joins.

Right, but my game is single player. How does that work?!

Just because your players aren’t directly competing against each other doesn’t mean your game isn’t perfect for competitive gaming. Speedruns, niche win conditions (melee only, fewest deaths, vehicle runs, etc.) and completionist playthroughs are just a few ways your players can compete to see who’s number one in your single player game.

Sure, but what do I get out of it?!

The Indie eSports League will give you a way to attract new players and engage existing ones, easily create content, and extend the life of your game. Leagues can be tailored to any kind of gamer. A league focused around speed running will attract a different audience than a pacifist playthrough or a naked run. Imagine a streamer crowdsourcing a league challenge from their audience and then playing against subscribers live on stream. Suddenly you’ve got a huge new audience of gamers with a great reason to give your game a try.

Fine, but how much will it cost me?!

Nothing! We’re offering our API to developers totally free, and not only that, but we’re also developing a revenue share model so that if we make money, you make money too.

Alright, so who are you looking to partner with?!

You! If you’ve read this far and you’re interested please, please get in touch. For launch we’re giving priority to games developed on Unity or Unreal with an existing player base, but as we grow we’ll be adding support for more engines and eventually we want to bring competitive gaming to any community that’ll have us!

How can I get in touch?!

You can reply here or shoot me an e-mail at Gage@IndieeSportsLeague.com and we’ll go from there!

Thanks so much for reading, and if there are any questions I haven’t answered don’t hesitate to ask. Also, feel free to direct any friends or colleagues who might be interested to this post, we’d really love to partner with as many developers as we can for launch.

Cheers all!

Gage