Search Unity

Official Seeking beta testers for a mobile app to facilitate texture creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan_bot, May 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_bot

Dan_bot

Unity Technologies

Edited to add: Sorry all, this is on hold for the moment for us to make some changes. Hope to be back enrolling beta users soon.

-------------------------------------------------

Have you have ever needed to create materials for objects in your game or project?

We are looking for Unity users to be beta testers for a new application: a mobile app that will let you use your device camera to scan real world textures and easily create digital versions you can use in Unity. We would love your input as we build out this application, please fill out the intake survey linked below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Note that the app requires an iOS or Android device that meets these requirements:
    • iOS: iOS 13 or newer and iPhone X or newer
    • Android: Android 9 or newer, Snapdragon 425 equivalent or higher, at least 3 Gb of RAM
    Interested? Please click here to take the intake survey.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Is this going to end up being yet another paid "add-on" like MARS, ArtEngine etc? Unity is getting very expensive if you want to use the newer technology all of which the good parts are now seemingly offloaded as additional purchases (reminds me of old unity pro vs free in a sense except pro now also does not have everything without pricey addons)...

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  3. Dan_bot

Dan_bot

Unity Technologies

Hi, I don't know what the plans are when it goes into general release, but I think it's possible that at some point this app will at least need to cover its operating costs. I don't know what shape that might take though. In general, the teams I work with want to support indies by including free tiers in new products, but the extent to which that's possible is determined on a case by case basis.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

That makes total sense and thanks for being candid :)

I had everyone on my team fill it out, hope the info is helpful

5. Dan_bot

Dan_bot

Unity Technologies

Thanks very much!

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.