Search Unity

Official See what’s new with Cinemachine 3

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by antoinecharton, Mar 28, 2023.

1. antoinecharton

antoinecharton

Unity Technologies

2. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

Great overview! Really happy that in 2023; Unity FINALLY has a Spline system that is unified with it's camera control system.

Not going to lie; as someone who has used Cinemachine a lot for half a decade; the new naming is quite confusing and odd. :( Renaming it from 'VCam to CmCam'; why?

florianBrn likes this.
  3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Hey Andy, I feel your pain, but something had to give. Here is the explanation: https://forum.unity.com/threads/announcing-cinemachine-3-0.1361713/#post-8718099

4. Squidcor

Squidcor

This is the first blog post that's made me excited about the direction of Unity in a long time! Wish more teams would focus of UX, workflow and integration with existing Unity systems and paradigms. Love it! Great job!

5. firebird721

firebird721

I down loaded 3 and I ave some problems with cutscenes and timelines -is the property and time line suppose to work well with the new xinemaxhine?

For now it doesn't switch thhecanera

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can't take an existing project that uses CM 2.x, upgrade it to CM 3.0, and expect it to just work. It is possible to upgrade a project, but you have to do some manual work. See the upgrade guide here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.cinemachine@3.0/manual/CinemachineUpgradeFrom2.html

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  7. firebird721

firebird721

8. firebird721

firebird721

Thx . I seem to enter into some problem. Very spcificly with cutscenestimeline and cinemachine track. It doesn't switch the cameras properly and I wondered if it's known bug . You can pass my reply to other thread if there is some known issues with property. Or maybe I am doing it wrong

9. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I don't think we can help you because we don't know what you did. Perhaps you would like to tell us or show us.

Try this:
    1. Create a new project with Unity 2022.3 or later.
    2. Install Cinemachine 3
    3. Install the CInemachine 3D Samples from the package manager
    4. Open the CutScene sample scene. Play it. Does it work? Does the camera switch when the player enters the shaded region?