Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug see, it's possible

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Oct 29, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

the bakery does it
    upload_2020-10-29_0-56-8.png

so it's not an icon design issue, it's a "someone broke the link between windows icon progress bar and the internal unity progress bar"

QoL to the rescue!

JoNax97 likes this.
  2. JoNax97

JoNax97

@Aras they're pointing at your team :D

3. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

I've no idea what "see, it's possible" means. What is the request/question/ask here, @laurentlavigne?

If it's a bug you want to report, then report a bug, but "see, it's possible" does not have nearly enough information on what that even is about.

4. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

It doesn't have enough information because you only read the title somehow missing the post :rolleyes:

5. Baste

Baste

Since @laurentlavigne doesn't bother to spell out things completely in their bug reports, the issue is that a bunch of Unity's load bars used to show the progress in the windows icon, but doesn't anymore.

Found the original bug post here. Just had to read through 8 pages of "Find all threads by laurentlavigne"

6. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

It doesn't have enough information because your bug reports read more like out of context complaints than informative bug reports.
    It's great you find and report so many bugs, but you're not making it easy for the Unity team to fix them. It would probably help if you described the desired behavior, the actual bug behavior, version number, how to reproduce, etc...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  7. print_helloworld

print_helloworld

Doing gods work sifting through that, I'd buy you a beer if I could.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  8. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

:D Two beers for Baste
    [EDIT] your sanctity is rubbing off on me : I went through my emails and found the original bug 1248585

9. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

@laurentlavigne I did read the text of the message, but I mean it says "Bakery does this: <image> so it's not an icon issue blah". Does what? What icon issue? etc. Sure maybe I could piece it together if I read your previous messages in other threads.

Anyway, I think what you mean here is that "Windows taskbar unity icon overlay was showing progress status before, and now it does not" (Bakery part is irrelevant really). If so, then that's https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-progress-is-not-shown-in-the-windows-taskbar and I fixed that recently (in 2020.1.15 and 2020.2b12).

10. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Someone really wants to win that Oculus Quest...:rolleyes: