Search Unity

Second playthrough not sending completed event

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Jaimi, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jaimi

Jaimi

I'm having issues with DownloadDependenciesAsync.

I'm using WebGL, and the first time I load the website, it works correctly.
    The second time, I never get a completed event.

Code (csharp):
    2.         op = Addressables.DownloadDependenciesAsync(Labels, Addressables.MergeMode.Union, false);
    3.         op.Completed += Op_Completed; [B]<-- this is never called the second time.[/B]
    Everything appears to work. I just never get the completed event that the dependencies are downloaded? This leaves me with the uncomfortable problem that I'll never know if the app is ready to start...

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, @Jaimi - we'd love to get some additional information from you. Could you tell us which version of the Package Manager you're using, and which version of the Editor? Thanks!

3. Jaimi

Jaimi

This is 2018.4.15f, and I'm using Addressables 1.6.0

I've tried submitting bugs, but I keep getting an error after the file is zipped up and transmitted.

4. Jaimi

Jaimi

FYI - I've had reports from another user that they are seeing the same thing, but Unity 2019.2. Both times it is with WebGL. Works fine in the editor.

5. Jaimi

Jaimi

I was able to submit a bug finally (not sure what was up with that).

(Case 1220688) Addressables.DownloadDependenciesAsync() does not call the completed event on second playthrough

6. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for submitting the case. That'll get triaged by our Incoming QA and the bug should be assigned to our team soon.

Jaimi likes this.
  7. dejarajs

dejarajs

@DavidUnity3d Any update on this? We have a similar issue where DownloadDependenciesAsync would not trigger the completed callback and is stuck at a percentage download.