Search Unity

Feedback Searching for nodes in "Create Node" menu

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by MiguelBest, Jun 17, 2021.

1. MiguelBest

MiguelBest

I've recently upgraded my project from 2019 LTS to the latest 2020 LTS version and I find that creating a new node in this Shader Graph version is so much more complicated.

When searching for nodes in the "Create Node" menu I don't get the most relevant highlighted node. For example, if I search for "color" I get "Replace Color" as the highlighted node when the most relevant node should be "Color". So then I have to press the down arrow a few times until I reach my desired node. Same thing happens when searching for "texture" (I get "Normal From Texture" when I should be getting "Texture 2D Array Asset") and "vector" (I get "Float", should be "Vector 2").

It might seem like a minor thing but I've found this very disruptive and annoying, especially since in previous Shader Graph versions this didn't happen. Does anyone else feel the same way?

florianBrn, Qriva and alexanderameye like this.
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

I currently don't work much on shader graph. But by looking on screenshot, it looks like it is alfabeticql order, in respect to the hierarchy.

3. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

The finder is really bad, I agree. I was able to add the right nodes much faster before. It is broken and it should be fixed because it hinders productivity. Not a minor thing, adding nodes is one of the most basic operations that you do all the time.

florianBrn and MiguelBest like this.
  4. Qriva

Qriva

I agree too, finder is pretty not usable, it always irritates me when I type "lerp" and i get inverse lerp T...

MiguelBest, Oxeren and Korindian like this.