Search Unity

Seamless Portals tool (smooth portals)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JoePatrick, Jun 13, 2019.

1. JoePatrick

JoePatrick

This script allows you to easily create seamless portals in your games.
    This is great for creating more fluid gameplay as well as making your game look cool.

There is minimal setup required to get the portals working but there are configurable settings for a more versatile system.

You can apply a mask and background texture to your portals if you would like to overlay an effect, such as a border or window panel effect
    On top of this you can disable teleporting for the portals so that they are just 'windows' into the other world that cannot be walked through.
    The portals can be configured to teleport:
    -The player camera
    -The player camera's parent
    -An arbitrary GameObject which can be used as reference for more complex player controllers
    for more info on this, check the documentation

As well as the documentation, you can hover over any of the settings in the configuration panel and a tooltip will give you short description of what that setting is for.

Store Link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/96404

Any questions, please ask :D

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

What Render Pipelines does it support ?

3. JoePatrick

JoePatrick

It was developed using the standard unity setup but I can test it out with the Lw/HD render pipeline if you are interested :)

4. Jayws

Jayws

While I was able to follow a YouTube video to get this basic functionality working, however, I'm trying to use it in VR,
    and while I thought I understood how to do that, when I PLAY in Unity it doesn't look right, and same when I compile it for my target device Oculus Quest. If your plug-in worked for VR and would run in Unity 2019, then I would buy it.

5. JoePatrick

JoePatrick

Just got a Roft S and VR has been proving difficult for me too, mostly just shader issues. But am planning on adding native VR suppprt once i figure it out. You can check out my recent posts to see the issue I'm having

Mark_01 likes this.