Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Seamless looping timeline?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Exeneva, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Exeneva

Exeneva

I have a timeline that starts with a character at a position and ends with the character at that same position. However, what I noticed is the character automatically slows down near the end of the timeline track until it comes to a complete stop at the end. Then the timeline wraps, and the character starts moving again.

Is there a way to stop a character from slowing to a stop at the end of a timeline, and instead loop seamlessly?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. dadude123

dadude123

Adjust the curves of the animation.
    The normal interpolation is a spline curve that smoothes out towards the start and end.
    All timeline animations are just normal animations, so rightclick and select "edit in animation window".
    Then - as usual - click "curves" at the bottom and then adjust the curve settings so its doing a linear interpolation.

Exeneva likes this.
  3. Exeneva

Exeneva

I'm guessing it's one of the Position curves? I see three of them and I'm unable to get a continuous flow after modifying them.

4. dadude123

dadude123

A position vector consists of 3 individual values, so you have to modify the curve for each one of them (X,Y,Z).

Maybe there is a better way to do this, but I'm not aware of one. It would be cool though to get a consistent position movement.
    Maybe someone else knows how to do it

Exeneva likes this.
  5. Exeneva

Exeneva

I got it to loop seamlessly :)

Right click the beginning and end keyframes and choose Both Sides: Linear
    This changes the interpolation to be smooth instead of gradual.

unityunity