Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Seam on a tilemap

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by BYELIK, Oct 12, 2018.

1. BYELIK

BYELIK

Hi.
    I'm using Unity3D 2018.3.0b5 Personal.
    I've created a tile map(the image below). As you can see there some seams between.
    What it might be?
    P.S I've checked these tiles in the Photoshop and there is everything is ok.
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It's hard to say without taking a look at the project. Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project for this issue and reply in here with the issue ID?

3. BYELIK

BYELIK

Yes, of course. I will create a small project and create a bug about it.

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. byelik13

byelik13

Here is ID: 1090209

LeonhardP likes this.
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This issue was resolved as (By Design):
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1090209/

Here's the resolution note:
    "The seams are caused by the overlapping pixels between neighbouring Tiles. If you turn on Overdraw in the SceneView window (top left dropdown tab in SceneView), you can see that the edges have quite a bit of overdraw (lighter red lines on the edges of the Tiles). If you zoom in with the SceneView in Shaded mode till you can see the pixels in the Sprites, you can try erasing neighbouring Sprites and undoing it to see how the overlapping pixels form the seams.

You can try the following:
    -Reducing the overdraw by adding a custom online using the Sprite Editor. Select the texture, open the Sprite Editor and select Custom Outline from the top left tab. In this mode, you can create a better mesh outline by adding vertices from the corners of each Sprite compared to the default mesh generated.
    -Adjust the alpha values of the pixels at the edge of the Sprites. Some of the pixels at the edges of the Sprites are transparent. These would blend in the SceneView when overlaid against the neighbours which seem to look like seams."