Search Unity

Question Scrollview Madness

Discussion in '2D' started by piggybank1974, Apr 6, 2021.

1. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

I've been trying to get the scrollview "see scrollview screenshot" items to behave in a way that if one of the item contents e.g. the text field text is larger "in height only" then it can display it will automatically increase "the parent "see Item screenshot for inspector" in size, but I just cannot figure out how to get it to work I can get the text field to increase its height using Context Filter Size Vertical fit set to Preferred Fit, but the parent will not increase also I did try to understand the document from the following link
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.ugui@1.0/manual/HOWTO-UIFitContentSize.html but I just cannot get it to work.

I would like it like when you message somebody on your phone that's what I'm trying to achieve with it.

any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Please note that the UI forums are here.

3. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

@MelvMay by all means, Mel move it, I find a lot that most of the replies I have got go from the 2D, when I post in the other I find it's not very responsive, but I take your point.

MelvMay likes this.
  4. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

I was hesitant to make my comment TBH because you're not a new starter and I hear what you say about responses. We're just trying to redirect a lot of the UI related questions to that forum is all. No offense meant. :)

5. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

@MelvMay No offence taken my friend, if the document for the said component was better and provided examples, I might not be here but that's for another time, and yes I'm getting an old-timer here, but happy to be :) please move it over as I cannot I believe.

MelvMay likes this.