Search Unity

ScrollRect swipe not smooth on Android

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by areavisuale, Jun 1, 2018.

1. areavisuale

areavisuale

I'm trying to figure out why when I try a vertical scroll panel on Editor works great and when I try it on Android devices I encounter this behavior:

I have a long panel to scroll, so I swipe my fingers multiple times to go to the bottom. On Android devices everytime my finger touch the screen the scroll is interrupted and it restarts to scroll when i swipe. I havent' tested on iOS but in Editor works correctly, and I see a smooth transition.

It seems a problem with the dragthreshold, but I tried to lower it without results. Seems that the phone understand my swipe as "tap"...

This is the problem in a video: (my Unity App)

And this is the behavior that I wanted:

It's not a performance problem, the app runs at 60fps also when I scroll.
    My Hierarchy consists in:

Scroll View
    - Elastic - Elasticity 0.1, Inertia ON, Deceleration 0.2, Scroll Sensitivity 5
    - Components: RectTransform, Scroll Rect, Rect Mask 2D

-> ContentPanel
    Components: RectTransform (pivot 0.5,1), Content Size Fitter (Unconstrained, Min Size), Vertical Layout Group (Child force expand Height)

->-> Various Texts
    Components: RectTransform (pivot 0.5,1), Text, (Unconstrained, Preferred Size).

Nobody with an idea?

2. nindim

nindim

I am also struggling with the feel of scroll rects on Android (may also be problematic in iOS but haven't been able to test yet).

I'm not sure if your issue is similar as your videos are no longer available.

For mem fast swipes don't seem to get registered properly so it's difficult to scroll large lists quickly. Seems to work fine in the editor. My frame rate is 60 as well, so it must be something to do with the touch data versus the mouse data.

3. Petskus

Petskus

This is still true on 2019.2. 20f1 for Android and iOS.
    Does anyone have a solution or ideas?

4. gaglabs

gaglabs

Ive been bugging Unity to get a fix on this and it seems that an updated scrollrect isnt on their list of concerns.