Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug ScrollRect direction is inverted horizontally (or vertically, your choice)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by JoeStrout, Dec 1, 2023.

1. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I have a ScrollRect (in Unity 2021.3.25f1) with Scroll Sensitivity set to 30, testing on MacOS and using the 2-finger gesture on the trackpad to scroll.

It works correctly vertically — as I drag down on the trackpad, I view content further down in the document. But it's backwards horizontally; as I drag to the right, I should view content further to the right in the document, but instead I have to drag to the left.

(I'm looking at BBEdit to determine correct behavior; that's made by a Mac-only shop that's been around nearly as long as Apple.)

Of course if I invert Scroll Sensitivity, then it's right horizontally but wrong vertically.

EDIT: it's wrong when using a scroll wheel on an actual mouse, too (using shift-scroll to scroll horizontally).

I've searched but, much to my surprise, I can't find anything about this. My users are complaining, and I don't blame them. What can I do about this?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Oh, perhaps this is relevant: I have what Apple calls "Natural scrolling" (but they should have called "backwards scrolling") turned off in the Mouse control panel.

...but even with this turned off, it's always wrong either horizontally or vertically (it's just inverted, same as if I change Scroll Sensitivity to a negative number).

I really need a way to set a different sensitivity for horizontal and vertical scrolling. Is there no way to do this?