Search Unity

Scrolling Through the Timeline

Discussion in 'Animation' started by trickeri, Oct 11, 2015.

1. trickeri

trickeri

Hello, is there a better way to scroll through the animation timeline other than zooming in and out on specific frames?

For example I have an 18 second long animation and when i zoom in on the 9 second mark it's extremely difficult to get back to the 0 second mark and takes some fiddling with zooming. If I type in frame 0 the timeline doesn't move to show it at all. Theres no horizontal scroll bar and I've tried the obvious short cuts like holding alt, or control or shift and dragging over the timeline and nothing happens. I usually have to switch back and forth to another animation to "reset" the view so that the whole animation is visible again.

I've been using unity for a few years now and this drives me nuts. Google and searching these forums didn't come up with a clear answer. Didn't see anything in the manual either.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. cephalo2

cephalo2

It's pretty late on this reply, but since I found this by googling and then figured out the answer, I figured I'd answer it for others that find it the same way. Middle click and drag the animation window to scroll it.

cwbeta likes this.
  3. KrisG_TTG

KrisG_TTG

imho this is bad UI design, there should be a scrollbar too.