Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Scroll TextMesh Pro Text Manually

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Aravindadx, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Aravindadx

Aravindadx

Hello Friends,

I'm Roshan Aravinda who is working with a unity project which is important to final year in University of Vocational Technology in Sri Lanka.

So, in that project I have to create a User Interface panel and it goes well. In that user interface I have included a Text Mesh Pro text box to load large details about some subject. So, now I need to Scroll this text with a Vertical scroll bar manually.

But, unfortunately I can't do that operation with a proper way. I have tried Scrollrect, Rect Mask 2D and also Vertical Scrollbar. When I set the Vertical Scroll Bar as the scroll bar my handler can't move to downside, because every time it value and size set to the 1.

Can I solve this kind of problem or do I try another way to do it? I appreciate your valuable responses for me.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I suggest you take a look at the example included in the TMP Examples & Extras. More specifically take a look at example 18 and 20.

3. Aravindadx

Aravindadx

Hello @Stephan_B

Thanks for the guidelines my friend. I have found the solution after referring the Text Mesh Pro 20th Example. Now my scroll and Text Mesh Pro works perfectly.

Thank You!

ROBYER1 and Stephan_B like this.
  4. Geeknerd1337

Geeknerd1337

I really wish every forum post on this subject didn't boil down to "go check this nebulous example"

fcohen_mfp likes this.