Search Unity

Scripts not working with new Unity when built (compiled)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by djoscar, Oct 29, 2009.

1. djoscar

djoscar

Hi,

I was making a project with full version of Indie before, but I decided to try out newer - 2.6 version of Unity Pro today. I downloaded, installed it, ran my old project on it and everything worked just fine. I continued working on the project, wrote some new scripts, tested them by running game inside editor and it was just perfect. Then I tried to test the compiled version of it (standalone/ webplayer), but none of the scripts I wrote or modified in this new Unity 2.6 worked.. No effect at all. It works just perfectly fine when you run inside editor, but when you compile it doesn't work, only old stuff I done with old Unity works but what ever I scripted with the new unity doesn't work. It's only for scripting, because I changed few meshes of model and they seem to be working...

I did have same problem a while ago when I changed from Unity 2.5.0 to Unity 2.5.1 I think, can't remember how I fixed it tho :(

Please help, this is urgent!

Thanks, Ed

2. djoscar

djoscar

bump, please anyone? :S

3. krabbo

krabbo

Yes, same here..

Fine in the editor, messed up in the build.

4. djoscar

djoscar

ahh good to hear that I'm not the only one having the problem :/ If I remember correctly last time I had this problem I packaged the whole project into unity package and opened it up in another project or something... but that's kinda impossible to do now because we're making a MMORPG and the project is quite large in size xD

Anyone got a solution to this? It's getting annoying because I can't get on with the work >.<

5. djoscar

djoscar

bump!

6. Dreamora

Dreamora

could you please stop the bumpy game.
    People won't answer you any faster if you think its required to bump it 3 times in 18 hour.

I don't have any problems with scripts (JS as well as C#) here on win7 Ult 64bit and Unity Pro 2.6 + asset server

7. djoscar

djoscar

why can't I bump it? If I see that it's out of page I bump it, other wise how would someone see the topic?

I'm running Win7 as well, I don't have any problems with scripts if I create new project and do stuff there, but only when I run my old project which I used unity 2.5 to develop before :/

8. Dreamora

Dreamora

There are quite a few people (including me) visiting the board primarily with the "new posts since last visit" link.
    on that you see any new posting independent of the board ( far easier and time efficient board checking that board hopping)

My project actually is a 2.1 -> 2.5 -> 2.5.1 -> 2.6 convert
    What you can try to do is regenerate the whole meta data. to do so check out the documentation on VCS. you don't need the vcs part, only the part about deleting the content of the library folder and how to start it up afterwards.

perhaps that helps.
    Also check the build scripts that unity generates during builds, that will tell you if something went wrong.
    if there is nothing in then unity didn't do anything wrong, then its your system

9. djoscar

djoscar

Hmm, seems complicated but thanks, I'll try.
    one question, what's VCS? :/

10. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

11. djoscar

djoscar

wow, I don't understand a thing in there lol.
    I guess I'll just create a new project and re-add everything there... seems easier than that VCS thing >.<