Search Unity

Scripting Runtime: .NET 4.x (Equivalent)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by zedengine, Mar 29, 2020.

1. zedengine

zedengine

Hi Everbody!

I use Unity Editor on Linux for quite some time, and all in all in works great!

I use Unity 2019.1 on Ubuntu 19.10.

Now I have some errors: I want to update my "Scripting Runtime Version" (under Project Settings > Player > Other Settings > Configuration) from .NET 3.5 to .NET 4.x. After necessary Unity Editor restart, I got some Console Errors - unfortunately without error message and my scripts cannot be loaded (see attached screenshots). With .NET 3.5 everything works fine.

Out of curiosity I updated my project to 2019.3. The "Scripting Runtime Version" is gone, I assume there is only .NET 4.x now. Same problems...

Did I miss something to install? Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
    Stefan

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

2. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

There is a couple things here; one we don’t support Ubuntu 19.10 and this issue is actually caused by the fact you are on Ubuntu 19.10

the editor uses the Roslyn compiler in order to compile scripts, that has certain dependencies one of which is that OpenSSL 1.0 is installed. 19.10 doesn’t have 1.0 installed any longer they moved to 1.1

Now newer versions of the Roslyn compiler actually allow for both 1.0 and 1.1 but unity hasn't update to that version yet. I did fix this in 2019.3 that if you didn’t have OpenSSL 1.0 installed then it will fallback to using mono to compile the scripts but you would need to update to 2019.3 for that or you can install OpenSSL 1.0 from the previous version of Ubuntu.

With all this said we don’t officially support 19.10

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  3. zedengine

zedengine

Thanks for your support!

.NET 4.x works now on Ubuntu 19.10 with Unity 2019.3.7f1

(I got confused earlier, because I tried 2019.3.0a2, which does not work)