Search Unity

Question Scriptable Renderer Feature And Stack Camera

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by insignifantastica, Oct 20, 2021.

1. insignifantastica

insignifantastica

Why the render feature on an overlay UI can affect the base UI?

I have a base camera for 3D objects, and an overlay camera for UI, so the UI camera stacks on 3D camera.

I am using a customized render pass feature to add blur effect on the cameras. It essentially blurs what the camera sees and makes a Render Texture for once. After the blur, I activate a UI image using this Render Texture so the 3D objects looks like blurred.

upload_2021-10-20_18-25-54.png

When I only add this feature on the 3D camera, only 3D objects are blurred. I thought that was because the renderer's feature only affect what the camera see and excluded stack camera.

I tried to only blur the UI by adding the blur feature to UI camera only, but UI and 3D objects are all blurred.

upload_2021-10-20_18-26-4.png

I moved the UI objects to left so it's more clear on the blur result: we can see the blurred image included UI AND 3D objects.
    I don't understand how this happend, UI camera only sees the UI layer, why the render feature can affect other layers too?