Search Unity

Script updater for Library\Bee\artifacts\1900b0aEDbg.dag\Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll failed

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GambitMonkey, Mar 22, 2021.

1. GambitMonkey

GambitMonkey

So using Unity Unity 2021.1.0b11 (64-bit) I keep getting this annoying error and have no clue what it means. If I Exit and restart Unity it seems to fix it. Anyone have any idea what maybe the cause? It seems to happen anytime something changes with packages

Code (CSharp):
    1. Script updater for Library\Bee\artifacts\1900b0aEDbg.dag\Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll failed with exitcode -532462766 and stdout: Unhandled exception. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    2. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Unity\TestApp\Unity[^\]+(\.ref)?\.dll$'.
    3.    at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
    4.    at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
    5.    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
    6.    at System.IO.StreamReader.ValidateArgsAndOpenPath(String path, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
    7.    at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
    8.    at ScriptUpdater.Program.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Main>b__0()
    9.    at ScriptUpdater.Program.Profile[T](Func`1 toProfile, Int64& elapsedTime)
    10.    at ScriptUpdater.Program.Main(String[] args)
    11.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    12.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    13.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    14.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    15.    at Program.Main(String[] args)

Vasileios_P and Lipoly like this.
  2. HP

HP

3. Qwolf

Qwolf

Also getting this error in 2021.1.0f1 when messing with files in the plugins folder.

Vasileios_P and DrunkenMastah like this.
  4. enchantedloom

enchantedloom

Same here. From the error message it looks like something was trying to locate any .ref or .dll files in a Unity folder inside my project folder, but the folder doesn't exist. So I created an empty one and now everything seems fine. Try that!

5. enchantedloom

enchantedloom

I take it back. The problem returned.