Search Unity

1. We want you to join us at GDC this year! Take a peek at all of the events we will be hosting during the week of GDC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Tell us about your experience here and you’ll get early access to the 2018 Game Studios report + more goodies.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.3 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Script not Launching after SetActive

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by JulienGn, Sep 13, 2017.

1. JulienGn

JulienGn

Hello,

so I'm rather new in Unity and struggle to complete a feature I'm trying to implement for a group project.
    Basically I have a script automatically launching a video into a RawImage object, but this RawImage needs to be deactivated untill the user SetActivate it throught another script I launch from a Button object.

While I press the button, the RawImage seems to be activated and is visible, but the script doesn't automatically starts, and the video does not play.

Am I missing out something here ? Have I to run a specific command to force the video script to launch ?

Thanks.

2. JulienGn

JulienGn

Edit : Welp, nevermind.
    That was because I didn't redirect correctly my method calls into Update().