Search Unity

Utilities Script Inspector 3

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Flipbookee, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Nothing has changed AFAIK. What version of Unity is that? Did you add something new from the Asset Store? Please create a new empty project, add Si3 in it, and check whether it shows the contents of a .txt file there.

2. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah, good to know... I'll check why is that, thanks!
    Compute shaders are not supported in Si3 and there's no option to configure that. That feature has been requested and it's on my to-do list.

3. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Currently no, but it can be added. I'll check that...

4. sonicviz

sonicviz

Unity 2019.3.b7 but I've had it happen in others.
    I just imported it into a project where I could read text files in inspector, when I add SI I can no longer view them.

It says imported object, that's all.

Delete SI, can read file again.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Flipbookee likes this.
  5. Novack

Novack

He @Flipbookee check this out:

"They [developers of MarZ: Tactical Base Defense] used Script Inspector, which has tight integration with Unity, for coding".

;)

Flipbookee and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  6. yatahachi

yatahachi

Hello.
    I bought Si3.
    Really wonderful asset. I was impressed.
    It was easy to add fonts.

However, let me report because there is one thing I care about.
    My language is Japanese.
    I tried adding Japanese fonts, but the Japanese display in the code doesn't seem normal. (Double-byte characters are not supported?)

Flipbookee and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  7. yatahachi

yatahachi

8. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks so much, @yatahachi :)

Right, Si3 supports IME keyboard modes for entering Asian characters, but displaying these characters is not correct yet. That's something I will have to support in Si3, as I have promised that long time ago. Asian characters are wider than non-Asian characters even in monospaced fonts, but Si3 currently ignores that, which leads to displaying them incorrectly like in your screenshot. I understand how that's not ideal and I'll get to fixing this issue ASAP!

wzxy1322 likes this.
  9. yatahachi

yatahachi

Thank you for your reply! !
    It hasn't been a day since I bought it, but this asset has become my treasure.
    I think it's a very good asset.
    It seems that you are implementing Intellisense yourself.
    I think it's a very difficult task.
    I understand that there are other high-priority tasks, such as requests and issues raised in the forum.
    So it is easy for me to wait patiently for support of Asian characters.
    There are benefits to this asset over this issue.

Thank you for providing great assets.

wzxy1322, Novack and Flipbookee like this.
  10. wzxy1322

wzxy1322

I love you! This is my most useful asset! Hope to see that it supports Unity 2019 + version soon

Flipbookee likes this.
  11. eguchi-hisato

eguchi-hisato

@Flipbookee

this asset cannot resolve these keywords "async&await".
    do you have plan to support these keywords?

Attached Files:

Flipbookee likes this.
  12. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Yes, I know and I have that almost fixed - async and await will be working soon. :)

13. eguchi-hisato

eguchi-hisato

@Flipbookee
    Great!
    Can't wait for releasing that version!!

Flipbookee likes this.
  14. KAW0

KAW0

What about my feedback?

Flipbookee likes this.
  15. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hi @KAW0! Great to hear from you :)

Those were all amazing suggestions! I desperately needed one of them just yesterday, so I'm definitely going to add them these days while I'm off work.

I'm currently working to get the current release as soon as possible to the Asset Store because it contains many highly important fixes for Si3 running in all of the Unity 2019 versions. This is my highest priority at the moment. There were three things that looked like it will be impossible to solve and I've found a way to make all three of them work again...

Thanks for reminding me, again!

yatahachi, wzxy1322 and KAW0 like this.
  16. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Good news!
    Script Inspector 3
    version 3.0.26
    has just been released in the Asset Store

Please update your projects :)

Here's a compacted list of the changes in this version:
    - Compatibility updates for:
    * Editing in the Inspector window
    * Si3 popups in Unity 2018.3+
    * Highlighting the selected autocomplete item
    * Positioning of floating tabs in Unity 2019.1+
    * Si3 Preferences in Unity 2018.3+
    * SI Console in Unity 2019.3+
    * Handling tab-switching shortcuts in Unity 2019.2+
    - Workaround for unlocking reloading assemblies incorrectly locked by Unity Editor in Unity 2019.2+
    - Workaround for keeping current tab's focus on Save
    - Added all built-in Console window menu items to SI Console
    - Restored the option to disable handling Ctrl+Shift+F globally
    - Fixed modified line indicator position on horizontal scrolling
    - Fixed the foldout GUIStyle in the shader inspector
    - Fixed a rare NRE in the parser
    - Fixed opening scripts by drag-dropping prefabs
    - Fixed opening only certain types of assets

My apologies for the colossal delay :rolleyes:

Enjoy! :cool:

Novack, XCPU, JoeStrout and 5 others like this.
  17. crafTDev

crafTDev

Yes, yes, yes!

I will be checking out the update soon! :)

Also, you are not the only one that has to delay projects, don’t worry...I’m currently in that position.

Thanks,
    jrDev

syscrusher and Flipbookee like this.
  18. User340

User340

Finally!!! Updating now...

Flipbookee likes this.
  19. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks for the update! Really nice to see you got it all working!

syscrusher and Flipbookee like this.
  20. syscrusher

syscrusher

Thanks for the update!

Flipbookee likes this.
  21. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @Flipbookee

Is there any way for auto indent to reformat after you hit the save button? Currently the only way to auto indent is to hit enter after the line, but I would like a way to have that done to my entire script automatically.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  22. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

There's no method in the code that does that currently, but I can add it easily, I hope. Once that's in, it would be trivial to add a keyboard shortcut that executes the method and an option to execute it on Save as well.

I'll let you know when I have that done. In the meantime, the easiest way to do that would be to select all, cut, and paste, just that's not very nice as this would mark every line as modified and move the cursor at the end of the file, while the method I'm going to add won't do that.

crafTDev and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  23. crafTDev

crafTDev

Awesome!

That shortcut worked!

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @Flipbookee

Another thing I have discovered is if you use a define symbol (eg. "#if newdefine"), proper auto indents seemed to be turned off and only keeps each new line in the same indentation of the define symbol. Is this something I can quick fix too?

Thanks,
    jrDev

25. zKici

zKici

Maybe I am missing something but why is the Si3 Tab Tittles (Expand on Mouse-Over) disabled/grayed out? I'd like to check mark it.
    2018.4.18f1

26. Gangsta-Geek

Gangsta-Geek

I've been having a lot of issues with Si3 in from Unity 2019.3- 2019.310f1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 MacBook Pro 2019

I've removed Si3 and tried using vsCode (which I hate at this point) and it doesn't freeze anymore. Unity would slow down a lot too while I was using it. I really enjoyed using it when it was working. I'm not sure if works with .net 4.0 but it doesn't recognize async functions. I also get this weird thing that happens when I can't see my code at all. I have to make a change and save for it to reload. Any help would do ....I really don't like using anything else now. So I feel kinda stuck Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.30.03 AM.png

MostHated likes this.
  27. syscrusher

syscrusher

That looks as if the glyphs for the font are messed up badly. I've seen that before, but it was long ago and I can't recall what caused it or if it was a transient that went away by restarting Unity. Neither of those theories is much help to you, I know. I'll think about this today and see if I can remember more later.

One interim suggestion would be to try reinstalling SI3 in an empty project to see if you can replicate the problem. That would also allow you to experiment with different Unity settings with respect to the C# and .NET environment. If the problem replicates, it might also be instructive to see if reimporting the SI3 folders from the Project View makes any difference.

28. Gangsta-Geek

Gangsta-Geek

A quick update on my issues. So I still have issues but it's been less. The font error still happens but if I click the scripts class button on the top left corner is fixes itself. It feels like an old NES right now. I have to do certain things to get it to work lol which is fine. And in terms of it being slow I think it was a Unity memory issue with the new Device Simulator. I removed that package and things are running a lot better. It hasn't crashed since but it's still runs slow from time to time.

29. Gangsta-Geek

Gangsta-Geek

Well....that didn't last too long. It crashed on me and I lost code...So I am kinda done using it for now. I switched to Jetbrains Rider. The setup was a little clunky but I got it now. I miss my SI3 color schemes already. I can't afford to use something this buggy at this point. I will leave a review saying so not to be mean but just so people know the issues are there before purchase. Especially if you're specs are the same as mine

30. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@Gangsta-Geek, I'm sorry to hear that... Please note that Si3 runs all in managed code only, and as such, it can't crash Unity. Only native code can crash, while managed code can only throw exceptions. However, Si3 relies on its host application, the Unity Editor, for anything UI related for example. Large parts of the Unity Editor and the Unity Engine are written in native code, therefore anything there can crash. Unfortunately, I can't fix such crashes, simply because that's not my code. I have no access to it. All crashes need to be reported to Unity and maybe they'll fix them one day.

The only thing I can do from my side is to try to prevent such crashes by finding alternative ways to do the same thing, and I've done that many times for older versions of Unity, especially on macOS as that seems to be hosting much more crashing bugs than the Unity Editor on Windows. However, to be able to get some clues on what might be crashing, I'd need to either repro the crash myself, or I'd need to at least see the crash logs. Then I'd need to find reliable repro steps to make the crash happen on my Mac, so I can try different things in Si3 code in hope that I can avoid calling the crashing API. Having a reliable repro would help to verify the workaround.

Please send me the crash log, or logs if you have more than one. Of course, I'll try reproducing the issue even without the logs, but seeing them may already help with some clues. The crash logs are .crash files saved in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ so please zip the Unity ones and send them to me. Thanks in advance!

Please keep in mind that if you don't plan to continue using Si3, I can refunding your purchase.

crafTDev and valarnur like this.
  31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I am getting Unity freezing indefinitely but not completely crashing, I have to force quit.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  32. haywirephoenix

haywirephoenix

Make sure that you didn't forget to yeild or break a while loop somewhere

33. NickGlowsinDark

NickGlowsinDark

I'm seeing a Unity Editor crash (using 2019.4.1f1) occasionally- can't reproduce it *every* time, but maybe 40% of the time, it seems to be happening as I'm editing the parameters of a function to add a new one at the end- as soon as I finish typing the parameter type (for example, if I were going to add a new parameter "bool test" it crashes as soon as i'm done typing "bool"). I've noticed that, on some of the occasions that it doesn't crash, I get an error in the console after typing the type and before typing the name, but just the one error:
    StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
    ScriptInspector.ParseTree+BaseNode.GetLastLeafInParent () <0x259ed66f660 + 0x0000b> in <9fcf07826fd9461b8c10c28f2f44464b>:0
    ScriptInspector.ParseTree+BaseNode.GetLastLeafInParent () (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGGrammar.cs:405)

The tricky part, for me anyways, is that it sometimes crashes and sometimes doesn't *at the same parameter.* That is, if I start typing "bool test" and it crashes after "bool," the next time I open up unity and try again, it might let me get to the end of "bool test" (usually with that error message), and then may or may not crash on the next parameter.

It's not killing me- after a couple tries I can usually get everything I need typed out, and then the problem just seems to go away for a while. Seems kind of odd, though, and if other people aren't noticing the console errors, it might be explaining some of their crashes as well.

The relevant part of the Editor.log crash log file looks like this:

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
    at ScriptInspector.ParseTree+BaseNode.GetLastLeafInParent () <0x259ed66f660 + 0x0000b> in <9fcf07826fd9461b8c10c28f2f44464b>:0
    at ScriptInspector.ParseTree+BaseNode.GetLastLeafInParent () [0x0005b] in E:\Game stuff\Asha\Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGGrammar.cs:405
    (previous line repeated 1995 times)
    at ScriptInspector.ParseTree+BaseNode.GetLastLeafInParent () [0x0005b] in E:\Game stuff\Asha\Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGGrammar.cs:405
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ScriptInspector.FGParser:Update(Int32, Int32) (at Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGParser.cs:616)
    FGTextBuffer:UpdateHighlighting(Int32, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGTextBuffer.cs:2546)
    ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:ProcessEditorKeyboard(Event, Boolean) (at Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGTextEditor.cs:8312)
    ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:DoGUI(Boolean) (at Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGTextEditor.cs:3187)
    ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:DoGUIWithAutocomplete(Boolean) (at Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGTextEditor.cs:2043)
    ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:OnWindowGUI(EditorWindow, RectOffset) (at Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGTextEditor.cs:1821)
    ScriptInspector.FGCodeWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets\Plugins\Editor\ScriptInspector3\Scripts\FGCodeWindow.cs:1467)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String)
    UnityEditor.HostView:InvokeOnGUI(Rect, Rect)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:DrawView(Rect, Rect)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OldOnGUI()
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoOnGUI(Event, Matrix4x4, Rect, Boolean, Rect, Action, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent(Event, Matrix4x4, Rect, Action, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent(Event, Action, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent(Event, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:SendEventToIMGUI(EventBase, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.KeyboardEventDispatchingStrategy:DispatchEvent(EventBase, IPanel)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher:ApplyDispatchingStrategies(EventBase, IPanel, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher:ProcessEvent(EventBase, IPanel)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher:Dispatch(EventBase, IPanel, DispatchMode)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel:SendEvent(EventBase, DispatchMode)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:DoDispatch(BaseVisualElementPanel)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    (Filename: Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGGrammar.cs Line: 405)

<RI> Initialized touch support.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

Flipbookee likes this.
  34. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@NickGlowsinDark, that’s excellent info! Thanks so much, I’ll fix that ASAP.

NickGlowsinDark and valarnur like this.
  35. FireMutant

FireMutant

Hi,

I am having a problem with SI3 since the release of Unity 2020.1.#f1. It works fine most of the time, but every once in a while the SI3 window goes a little crazy and starts painting weird characters instead of the C# code. Seems to only happen in the Pop out window, not the one embedded in the inspector. If I close the window and reopen, it works fine again for a while. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edit: Also, it I use Ctrl-ScrollWheel to resize font, I get multiple "Invalid GUIClip stack popping" error messages in the Console.

Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Flipbookee likes this.
  36. iTalbone

iTalbone

Hi there! i recently got SI3 and was wondering if it has/will have renaming/refactoring?

Flipbookee likes this.
  37. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

The rename refactoring feature is one of the items at the top of my TODO list, so yeah, Si3 will have that feature in some of the next updates.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  38. exiguous

exiguous

Hey,
    I have an issue I would like to discuss. I'm not entirely sure that it's caused by ScriptInspector3 but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? ;)
    I'm on Unity 2020.1.3 on Linux. And I frequently recive this warning in the Console:
    When I looked into Window - Panels #1 was *InputData.cs, a file opened in ScriptInspector3. My guess is, that when it is openend it is unmodified and Unity creates an entry in that menu with a certain name. When I modify the file in ScriptInspector the name is changed (a * (Star) is added infront to denote it was modified). Somehow Unity does not find the window under the old name anymore. Is this a viable theory? Is this caused by the new Unity or my use of Linux?

Another observation is, that when I type "fast" in ScriptInspector it does not take all keystrokes. For example when I type "public int" I recive for example "pbl nt". The SE3 window entry in the Taskbar is "blinking" when that happens (like iot looses and gains focus). And this happens only sometimes. In most cases I can type quickly without issues. Has someone else experienced this?

I'm grateful for any suggestions, hints or workarounds.

Edit:
    Another issue is, when I press the detete key, a space is inserted before (left of) the cursor instead of the character to the right is removed. Is this intended?

As for the missing characters while fast typing the problem seems to go away when I have unchecked "agressive autocomplete" in the preferences.

When there are errors (code with red squiggle line) and I mouse over it a window pops up and disappears immediately. So I don't see what is wrong with the code. Shouldn't there be some information?

I try my hands on ECS. Is this not supported? As in an EntitiesForEach (the Unity File template for a system) most things have those squiggle red lines. Whereas Unity shows no errors in the console. When I try to change the parameters SE opens a window "1 of 164" with arrows up and down and I can't type anymore until I press escape.

So am I doing something fundamentally wrong here or is SE3 not suited for my usecase and I need a "real" IDE? Since this is pretty annoying and does not allow productive development.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Flipbookee likes this.
  39. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@exiguous, the warning sounds very harmless to me. Have you noticed any issues related to it? There must be something wrong with the Linux port of the Unity Editor. A possible workaround for that might be to postpone the change of the window title to a moment when the Editor can handle that without a warning.

The second issue is more serious, I'd say, and again I guess is related to the Linux port and possibly to some specific versions of Unity only. It's strange that it only happens sometimes, otherwise, I'd suspect it could be related to Si3 popup window for autocompletion. I can't make a second guess... I'd really have to reproduce the issue and watch it more closely to tell more and maybe I'd get some idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

exiguous likes this.
  40. exiguous

exiguous

@Flipbookee Thanks for your response. Have you seen that I have edited some other issues into my post? Probably at the same time you liked my post.

It's harmless but I find it "annoying" that 3rd party assests clutter my console ;). Console is just for my stuff.

Do you "officially" support Linux? The Linux Editor is not official yet so I would understand if you did'nt. BTW I'm on Unity 2020.1.3 on Xubuntu 20.4. How likely is it that you watch into these issues? Because the way it is SE3 is "useless" to me as I can't work productively with it. Have other people reported issues working with ECS? Can I expect SE3 to support it? Has someone else reported issues on Linux?

So please tell me wether Linux support is out of scope for your asset (which I would understand completely) so I could look for a "regular" IDE. Or if I can still hope the issues get fixed. If this is possible at all because as you said it could also be the fault of Unity Linux Editor.

Anyway. Thanks for your efforts.

Flipbookee likes this.
  41. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I see, I missed your edits...

No, not intended at all! This must be Linux specific as I haven't heard this to be happening on Windows or MacOS. And Si3 on Linux isn't officially supported. So far I've heard Si3 was working fine on Linux too, so this is the first time I hear about these issues, otherwise, I'd have looked at them. So I will look at them now, just I can't promise I can fix them all.

Okay, that sounds like definitely it's something related to the autocomplete popup window and I should be able to fix that.

That's another bug related to Unity on Linux. The popup windows behave very much differently on Windows and MacOS, so I guess on Linux they are also different and need special code to make them work the way they are intended to. Should be fixable...

ECS requires using the newer C# versions and Si3 supports C# up to version 4.0, unfortunately. I'm working on extending it, but in the meantime, you'd have to use an external IDE. I understand this would be a dealbreaker for you and many others, and if so, please message me for a refund.

This shouldn't happen, of course, and it may be also due to the popup windows differences. Has to be fixed.

Yup, I agree, just in this case, it's the Unity Editor that logs that warning because it's processing events in the wrong order. But yeah, it may be possible to find a workaround for that.

So yeah, the issue with ECS is a huge one and I'd totally understand if anyone wants a refund because of that. Support is coming, I'm working on it, but it will take time and I can't say how long because I'm not working full time on Si3.

FireMutant and exiguous like this.
  42. exiguous

exiguous

No worries. I purchased SE3 long time ago. And I have the feeling I use it "out of scope" / in an "extreme" scenario a little. So it's not your "fault" and as I said I'm fine when you say that my usecase is not officially supported. (I switched to Linux just 2 weeks ago). When you want/can fix those issues fine. But when this is Linux/Unitys fault sh*t happens. I don't make you "responsible" for that. So again. No worries please.

ECS is still in (early?) preview and will probably take antoher 1-3 years until full release. From my POV it's totally understandable when Asset producers don't support experimental tech "out of the box".

I hope you can reproduce the issues. If not, and noone else reports them, it's likely that I have messed up somehow (as I said, I'm new to Linux!). So it's probably not worth further investigation.

Flipbookee likes this.
  43. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hello and thanks for greate IDE any chance for adding some extra feature like folding and reference view?

Flipbookee likes this.
  44. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks, @Pourya-MDP!

There are always some extra features with Si3 updates. Except in some cases when there's so much work on maintaining compatibility with newer versions of Unity that it wouldn't leave any room for new features...

Yes, I'm planning to finish code folding, but there are higher priorities at the moment. Supporting newer C# versions is the highest right now as that's a show-stopper for some people.

What exactly is a "reference view"? Si3 has a "Find All References" feature, and it's slightly more powerful than the one in Visual Studio. You've seen that?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Lars-Steenhoff and Pourya-MDP like this.
  45. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hi again and so much thanks for the effort you puuting on this project
    This is one the fastets solution ive ever seen and yes your right there are higher priorities than the one i mentioned
    Yes i mean find reference and sadly i didnt saw it yet i dont know maybe problem with asset or the unity version?
    Im using unity 2017.4.13.f1
    Thanks for the reply sir!

Flipbookee likes this.
  46. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Well, it should be there - just right-click any symbol in the code and select Find All References from the context menu, like this:
    upload_2020-10-4_20-34-58.png

And then that References window at the bottom of my screenshot will open up, listing all the references to that symbol. :)

Lars-Steenhoff and Pourya-MDP like this.
  47. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Brilliant,so much thanks

Flipbookee likes this.
  48. david-winterbear

david-winterbear

Does this include expression-bodied members? I've been a big fan of SI3 for years and my only real complaint currently is a lack of support for those. Even then it's fine for the code I write, but the lack of feature becomes an inconvenience when digging into plugins like Forge.

Flipbookee likes this.
  49. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@david-winterbear, YES!

50. Bendixsa

Bendixsa

Hey! First of all thanks for creating Si3, I love IT!

I have this one issue with strings though:
    upload_2020-10-28_8-10-36.png

Si3 Doesn't like it very much when I use $"Some Text {someVar}"
    upload_2020-10-28_8-11-41.png
    Granted it is a newer language feature (not super new maybe 2-3 years old)
    It doesn't stop the compile or break anything but the squigs are triggering my OCD.
    Anyway to set it to ignore it or some workaround?

Also the Async/Await pattern throws purple squiqs with "unknown symbol"

upload_2020-10-28_8-13-56.png

Can I tell Si3 about these symbols somewhere or some other way to get it to know about them? (This is not as serious as my first issue I can live with this as I don't use async/await extensively.)

Thanks again for the Great Product! I will REALLY appreciate any feedback you have on this
    Best Regards.

Attached Files:

Flipbookee likes this.