Search Unity

Utilities Script Inspector 3

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Flipbookee, Aug 10, 2013.

1. lcs_tlf

lcs_tlf

Hello, I have found another bug, but just a minor one (yet annoying). The c# dynamic type does not appear to be supported as far as real time error checking goes. My project compiles and runs fine, but SI3 thinks that the dynamic type is an error.

Happy New Year,
    Trevor

Flipbookee likes this.
  2. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

ahh, yeah, I see what you mean. Isn't it possible to run Si3 as a separate process ? Or spawn it just for a debugging session? I guess it would only make sense that unity plugins wouldn't allow for escaping their sandbox and running a new process, but maybe worth investigating.

Another idea would be to provide a separate "listener app" (which you can code in unity :p) that will act as the debugger and attach to unity. But yeah, this is kinda tedious.

Left you a 5 star comment, totally deserved, thanks for a great tool !

And thanks for looking into this anyway !

Flipbookee likes this.
  3. mkgame

mkgame

Under 2018.3f2.Net 3.5 the version 3.0.23.

I have the issue, that typing in the script inspector editor not fully consumes key typing events. At typing I activate often shortcuts in Unity, like prefab goes in edit mode. Has someone this issue?

Flipbookee likes this.
  4. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hmm, I see... The dynamic type was introduced with C# 4.0 but it wasn't supported in Unity because its runtime implementation was in .Net 4.5, so Si3 didn't support the dynamic type. Now I see, with the new .Net 4.6 runtime in Unity, the dynamic type is supported, so I'll have to support that in Si3 as well... Not in this release though - this one is an urgent patch to restore some of the Si3 features that we lost in Unity 2018.3.

lcs_tlf likes this.
  5. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Yes, that issue started happening in Unity 2018.3 and it was already reported. I fixed it, but the fix hasn't been released yet. There are more such issues caused by the massive changes in Unity 2018.3, which I've been trying to fix all in a single new version and I succeeded with all of them except one that wasn't allowing me to take a rest... So, I think I'll have to leave that one for later and release the rest of the fixes now over the weekend.

6. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hey, hey, there's a great news for you folks!

Script Inspector 3
    version 3.0.24
    got just released on the Asset Store

This is why you should grab it right now:
    - Made the Auto-Complete Great Again - thanks @JoeStrout
    (just kidding ;) I actually made it greater than ever)
    - Added option to disable triple-click line selection - thanks @Kougasama
    - Re-enabled keyboard shortcut hints in context menus on OS X
    - Allowed showing find/replace terms in history lists even when they contain an underscore
    - Fixed Si3 popup windows appearing behind its floating tabs in Unity 2018.3+ - thanks @ElevenGame et al.
    - Fixed opening Script Inspector Preferences in Unity 2018.3+
    - Fixed leaking typed-in characters as global shortcuts in Unity 2018.3+ - thanks @dpizzle
    - Fixed lost selection on pressing Cmd/Ctrl key while dragging mouse to select text - thanks @Kougasama
    - Fixed inconsistent caret placement on mouse clicks - thanks @lcs_tlf

Comments and suggestions are welcome, as always.

Enjoy! :cool:

lcs_tlf and zephyr7 like this.
  7. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

I have been getting this error all the time and it seems to be coming out of si3 (thankfully, it's not stopping the game from playing, but it's very annoying to have to clear the console every time) :

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Not sure why this happens, is this a known issue ? I am attaching the full report below :

[Exception] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    UnityEventBase.GetValidMethodInfo() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:840

UnityEventBase.FindMethod() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:732

UnityEventBase.FindMethod() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:722

MonoMethod.Invoke() /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222

MonoMethod.Invoke() /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232

MethodBase.Invoke() /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115

Si3UnityEventDrawer.DrawEventListener() Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Si3 Extensions/Si3 UnityEventDrawer.cs:333
    331: persistentCallGroup = persistentCallsField.GetValue(currentEvent);
    332: var persistentCall = getListenerMethod.Invoke(persistentCallGroup, new object[] { index });
    -->333: method = findMethodMethod.Invoke(currentEvent, new [] { persistentCall }) as MethodInfo;
    335: isDefined = false;

ReorderableList.DoListElements() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/ReorderableList.cs:587

ReorderableList.DoList() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/ReorderableList.cs:412

UnityEventDrawer.OnGUI() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/UnityEventDrawer.cs:148

UnityEventDrawer.OnGUI() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/UnityEventDrawer.cs:117

Si3UnityEventDrawer.OnGUI() Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Si3 Extensions/Si3 UnityEventDrawer.cs:279
    277: if (expanded || dummyEventField == null || textField == null)
    278: {
    -->279: base.OnGUI(position, property, label);
    280: }
    281: else

PropertyDrawer.OnGUISafe() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyDrawer.cs:22

PropertyHandler.OnGUI() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:139

PropertyHandler.OnGUI() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:106

PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:208

EditorGUILayout.PropertyField() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8791

EditorGUILayout.PropertyField() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8775

ButtonEditor.OnInspectorGUI() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEditor.UI/UI/ButtonEditor.cs:23

InspectorWindow.DrawEditor() /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1375

GUIUtility.ProcessEvent()

Flipbookee likes this.
  8. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I don't know what's that @SpyrosUn. I've never seen that and no one else has reported that...

I had a look at the code and I can't see where is that error happening. It's something inside the Unity Editor code.

It may help if I find a way to reproduce this. First, I'd need to know what exact version of Unity you're using. Next, I'd need to know when is this happening. I know you said "all the time", but I'll need more details, such as is it happening while in Play mode or maybe while not in Play mode, maybe a screenshot of the Inspector tab or just explain what is the selected object when this is happening. It will be easier for me to find a repro case if you share more details with me. If you could share the project too, that would be perfect - I'd then just have a repro case as it must happen for me as well when I load it in the same Unity Editor version as you.

Once I have a repro case, I can try to fix the issue and use that repro case to verify the fix.

Otherwise, I would have to fix that blindly, but I don't have much options for that other than to wrap line 333 in Si3 UnityEventDrawer.cs in a try-catch clause (you could try that too, but please help me find a repro case first).

9. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Oh, I actually thought it may have been a known issue. I just saw the reference to Si3 and thought it's coming from the plugin. I am basically using an asset from the store for my UI(called Hexart UI), and I notice that I get that when i collapse a tree hierarchy on the editor. Could actually have to do with the UI itself now that I am thinking about it. I'll probably take a closer look and mention it to the dev of the UI asset too. Thanks !

Flipbookee likes this.
  10. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @Flipbookee,

I have updated everything on my Mac, including OS10.14 Mojave, latest Unity 2018.3 and latest script Inspector version and now each time when I Toggle script inspector tabs, the tab moves up a little to the point where the top is hidden making the scripts unusable from the cursor. The tabs also don't adhere to being within the apps section at the bottom of the Mac like other windows (including the Unity window itself works fine). Don't know if this is a bug in SI though.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  11. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@jrDev I know about this issue and I could not fix it with the last release. The get and set of the EditorWindow.position work in different coordinate spaces and I couldn’t find a way to convert the values between them. This has always been like that in Unity, but in 2018.3 it’s different in a different way, so the previous method doesn’t work here. I’d have to look inside the Unity source code to find out how to fix that and couldn’t do that in time for the last release because of the other more urgently needed fixes... I’ll see what I can do about this now over the weekend.

crafTDev likes this.
  12. crafTDev

crafTDev

Awesome!

Also, Unity is now using the shortcut SI uses for Find In Files. Is there a new way to handle this?

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  13. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Oh, I didn't notice that! I mean, Unity has been using that shortcut for a while, but I was overriding that so maybe that doesn't work anymore because keyboard processing got changed in Unity 2018.3... I'll check that!

14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Any updates?

Thanks,
    jrDev

15. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I tried everything I could think off to keep Shift-Cmd-F still assigned to Find in Files command of Si3, but without success. I've even searched the web for a possible solution and this is what I found:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-detected-when-menuitem-is-used-in-the-script

I also found out that Unity 2019 is introducing a new keyboard shortcuts manager that will resolve this issue, i.e. it will allow users to reassign keyboard shortcuts as they wish. Unfortunately, this new feature is not going to be included in Unity 2018.3+ which then leaves us only with the option to reassign the Find in Files shortcut for now to something else, like Alt-Shift-Cmd-F for example (Alt-Cmd-F is also taken by Unity). I know that's not ideal, too many keys at once, so let me know if you have a better suggestion.

Here's how to change the shortcut for now: Open FindReplaceWindow.cs and go to line 106 - you should see this code:
    Code (csharp):
    1.     [MenuItem("Window/Script Inspector 3/Find in Files... _%#f", false, 600)]
    2.     public static void ShowFindInFilesWindow()
    Then set the new shortcut you'd like to use in the MenuItem attribute, like this for example:
    Code (csharp):
    1.     [MenuItem("Window/Script Inspector 3/Find in Files... _&%#f", false, 600)]
    2.     public static void ShowFindInFilesWindow()
    Then just save that and let Unity recompile Si3...

Another thing I want to try now is to handle the old shortcut Shift-Cmd-F in OnGUI() method, which would then, if that works, make the shortcut still available from Si3 at least, which I'd imagine is the most common way of using it. If that works, and I think it should because since Unity 2018.3 editor extensions are allowed to override main menu shortcuts, I'll release a small update this weekend.

Regarding this issue:
    I'll to find a way to solve that too and release that as well with this weekend's update.

crafTDev likes this.
  16. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Any update on fixes yet?

Thanks,
    jrDev

17. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Still working on them! It's a weekend again and I'm on it right now...

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  18. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

I am trying out 2018.3.5f1 with ScriptInspector and instead of its normal black background it's now this impossible white?

Did something change or is something new needed to be clicked?

Flipbookee likes this.
  19. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I don’t know what you see, but I’ll check ASAP.... Did you maybe want to add a screenshot?

20. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Well maybe it's windows 10 update that caused it? I have no idea. Everything is now white.

Unity is it's normal grey, but when looking at a script it's a blazing white background. It's doing this all versions now. So I think something windows did? Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  21. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I checked with Unity 2018.3.5 and it's all normal for me...

If you posted a screenshot that looks like this:
    VisualStudio.png

then I'd have told you to simply select the Color Theme you used to have before the update. Select Darkula theme for example to get this:
    Darkula.png

...but I don't know what's going on on your machine.

Still, if that was the case then I can't explain what exactly happened during that update. Si3 stores the selected Color Theme in Unity's EditorPrefs class which then gets saved in the Windows Registry for the currently logged in user. Sometimes, some versions of Unity do not pick up those setting from older versions (I don't know why, but I guess they have a good reason for that) in which case Si3 settings would revert to their default values. Now see, Si3 is smart and it would select a Color Theme to start with depending on whether the user is using Unity's light or dark skin, so if you, for example, ran it using its light skin Si3 would have chosen a light Color Theme. Then even if you switch to Unity's dark skin later, Si3 wouldn't switch its Color Theme by itself because it has already made the selection of a theme. So from that point on it's up to the user to select the Color Theme that fits him or her the best :)

22. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @Flipbookee,

I miss using SI because of the nuisance I have with it moving up when I toggle it and using Visual Studio is such a crap shoot too because of features I am used to, but I use it anyway because it is not as bothersome. Any word on the update?

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  23. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Yes, I'll send you the fixes in a PM now. Let me know how that works for you when you get a chance. :)

24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Thank you! I’ll look at it later!

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  25. XCPU

XCPU

I find the recent update seems to get stuck when editing lines of assignments like;
    A = 0.0f;
    B = 0.0f;
    It seems to disable the up/down arrow keys until something like Esc is pressed.
    A little annoying.

Flipbookee likes this.
  26. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hi @XCPU! Yes, seems like I broke that in the last update, I'm sorry about that... But I've fixed that already and I'll release that with the other fixes over the weekend. I'll send you the update in a private message right now, so if you get a chance to try it out before the release, please let me know how it works :)

27. XCPU

XCPU

Okay, checked it out, all looks good. Thanks!
    Look forward to the official release.

Flipbookee likes this.
  28. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hey, hey, all you extremely fast code-editing addicts! Here's a small present for you :cool:

Script Inspector 3
    version 3.0.25
    got just released on the Asset Store

This is what's new in it:
    - Added option to auto-move opening brace to next/empty line - thanks @RainbowWhale
    - Updated setting Si3 tabs position for Unity 2018.3+ - thanks @jrDev
    - Fixed saving of docked/floating state of Si3 tabs
    - Fixed keyboard shortcut for the Find in Files command - thanks @dpizzle & @jrDev
    - Fixed up/down arrow keys not working sometimes - thanks @sngdan
    - Other minor fixes

Thank you all for helping me with this release!

Enjoy :D

wzxy1322 likes this.
  29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Is this the same one you sent me?

Also, I don't know if it's the update you sent me with SI but my Unity is locking up every once in a while sometimes completely frozen that I have to quit and restart; which is obviously not ideal when I haven't saved anything. Which brings about the possibility of Autosave for emergencies (no compilation). Is this possible?

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  30. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Yes, auto-save is possible, I'll try something... But it shouldn't lock up, in the first place! I'll investigate that.

Yeah, it's the same one I sent you. It was running okay for me for a week :rolleyes:

crafTDev likes this.
  31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @Flipbookee,

I have another request. Can you make it so that when you use Search and Replace, the script window gets hidden so we can see the find results screen immediately? (Or better yet, make it one screen!) The extra step where I have to hide my Script window because it takes up my whole screen due to not being tabbed to anything, just to see the results screen has become cumbersome. At least give us the option for these. Making it part of the Script window and show up on the side or bottom of the Script window would be more than ideal way.

PS: It's not locking up as much now. I think there is autocomplete issue I notice when it freezes.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  32. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @Flipbookee

Seems Unity 2019 has messed with SI again, so when you toggle SI tabs it seems to move the tabbed windows down a bit so it won't stay in place.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  33. halley

halley

@Flipbookee,

Also, I would love to know when your editor will catch up to the syntax of
    $"string with {variable} in it"
    . Currently it underlines it as an error, even though this code syntax works in the .NET 3.5 and also .NET 4.x modes.

Flipbookee likes this.
  34. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I see. They're evolving that bug :) please try this workaround:

Open FGCodeWindow.cs and search for "25f" (without the double quotes) and you'll find it in two places. The first one is here:
    Code (csharp):
    1.         if (!window.TryDockNextToSimilarTab(nextTo))
    2.         {
    3.             var rc = defaultPosition;
    4. #if UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER
    5.             rc.y += 25f;
    6.             rc.height -= 3f;
    7. #else
    8.             rc.y -= 5f;
    9. #endif
    10.             window.position = rc;
    11.             window.Show();
    12.             window.position = rc;
    13.         }
    Replace all that with this:
    Code (csharp):
    1.         if (!window.TryDockNextToSimilarTab(nextTo))
    2.         {
    3.             var rc = defaultPosition;
    4. #if UNITY_2019_1_OR_NEWER
    5.             rc.y += 20f;
    6.             rc.height += 1f;
    7.             rc.width -= 1f;
    8. #elif UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER
    9.             rc.y += 25f;
    10.             rc.height -= 3f;
    11. #else
    12.             rc.y -= 5f;
    13. #endif
    14.             window.Show(true);
    15.             rc.yMin += 1f;
    16.             window.position = rc;
    17.             rc.yMin -= 1f;
    18.             window.Focus();
    19.             window.Repaint();
    20.             window.position = rc;
    21.         }
    And then you'll also find a 25f in this block:
    Code (csharp):
    1.         if (System.IO.File.Exists(path))
    2.         {
    3. #if !UNITY_2017_1_OR_NEWER
    4.             rc.y -= 5f;
    5. #elif UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER
    6.             rc.y += 25f;
    7.             rc.height -= 3f;
    8. #endif
    So replace that whole code block with this:
    Code (csharp):
    1.         if (System.IO.File.Exists(path))
    2.         {
    3. #if UNITY_2019_1_OR_NEWER
    4.             rc.y += 20f;
    5.             rc.height += 1f;
    6.             rc.width -= 1f;
    7. #elif !UNITY_2017_1_OR_NEWER
    8.             rc.y -= 5f;
    9. #elif UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER
    10.             rc.y += 25f;
    11.             rc.height -= 3f;
    12. #endif
    Save and let Unity recompile that... Enjoy :cool:

crafTDev likes this.
  35. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Si3 will be catching up with the new C# 6 and 7 features gradually, step by step, as supporting everything at once might take too long. This one in particular shouldn't be too hard, so I'll try adding that (and a couple of other frequently used new C# features) with the next release.

36. sngdan

sngdan

can you please also check on a Mac, if you can still use the "Inspector" side panel to edit scripts. For my this became read only and I can only edit scripts in dedicated SI3 windows.

Flipbookee likes this.
  37. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Yes, the Inspector is read-only on both Mac and PC in Unity 2019. I was looking for a way to fix that, but I haven't found anything yet, so I'll continue with some more investigation.

crafTDev and sngdan like this.
  38. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

I am not sure if its just me, but using 2019.1, I wasn't able to edit scripts directly through the inspector, unless I open up a new window (Through double clicking a script).

And there is this warning popping up.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. warning CS0618: 'PreferenceItem' is obsolete: '[PreferenceItem] is deprecated. Use [SettingsProvider] instead.'

Flipbookee likes this.
  39. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Right, that's the same issue @sngdan reported above and I'll fix that, I hope soon.

Thanks for reporting the warning, somehow I didn't notice that.

40. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

SI seems to freeze Unity (and mostly SI itself) every other second where it becomes unusable when the tabs are open and visible, I am using 2019.1. Does anyone have these issues?

Thanks,
    jrDev

halley and Flipbookee like this.
  41. maydragon

maydragon

Hello.

I have the same problem. My SI3 is stuck in read-only mode. I'm using 2019.1.1f1 on PC.

Flipbookee likes this.
  42. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hi all! I've been traveling for the last couple of weeks and I couldn't follow this thread - sorry about that.

Yup, I know... I'll be back in about a week and I'll continue looking for a workaround of Si3 editing inside the Inspector window in Unity 2019. So please continue editing scripts in standalone Si3 tabs until then :)

Thanks @jrDev for reporting that! I'll investigate that as well...

43. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

I've updated to latest Unity version and still have these issues. When I get the mac spinning wheel, I hide the SI tab then show it to get it back to work, but it freezes like every 3 seconds now, you can't even properly copy and paste without it causing issues... :/

EDIT: It is currently being used in a project, but let me see if works better in a brand new project.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  44. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Let me know, please.

45. halley

halley

So I have been using 2019.1.3f1 on MacOS for a while now, and SI3 has been pretty stable, until yesterday. First, the things that changed yesterday: I first installed then removed PostProcessing when it was not behaving as expected, and I switched from Metal to OpenGL to troubleshoot that. Never did get PP to work on 2019.1 on my machine. Now, the SI3 symptoms:
    • Occasionally, within a few seconds of opening a new SI tab, there is a visual freeze.
    • Any window which has an SI editor tab will completely stop painting updates, tabs and scrollbars and all.
    • Mouseovers still show tooltips. Typing blindly and the save button still seem to function. You just get no visual indication.
    • Other tabs in other windows are unaffected and work normally.
    • Since you can't switch tabs in that window area, the only recovery is to reload a UI Layout or quit Unity.
    So a couple hours ago, I switched back from OpenGL to Metal, and SI3 has not locked up since. Like I said, everything had been pretty solid for a while so I am really suspicious of either the PP stack installation or the use of the OpenGL on Mac. I hope this helps narrow it down for you, and get to a reproducible case.

Flipbookee likes this.
  46. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

That was an incredible discovery! Thanks so much @halley, you rock!!!

After disabling Metal in the Editor, Si3 locked up within a minute and I can consistently reproduce the issue. So far, it seems to be something related to popup windows and it may be related to Unity crashes some people were experiencing in Unity 2018.3, just in 2019+ instead of crashing the whole Unity it now crashed a single rendering thread, so other tabs keep working fine, only that tab stops repainting, including all the tabs docked behind it. So far, I found out that if the Scene tab is in that same tabs group, switching to it re-enables repainting...

I'm investigating further now... Thanks again for all your help!

halley likes this.
  47. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Is there a way to have auto indentation when script is saved?

Thanks,
    jrDev

Flipbookee likes this.
  48. ElevenGame

ElevenGame

Hello @Flipbookee ,
    SI3 is still my goto Script Editor, thanks for the past updates!
    I just wanted to let you know: The keyboard navigation of the code completion menu does not seem to work in Unity 2020.1.a3. Still works with mouse.
    And I was unsucessful as configuring it as default editor for compute shader files. Maybe that's something that could be added in the preferences?
    Have a good day!

Flipbookee likes this.
  49. MostHated

MostHated

I use this : https://github.com/dotnet/format It works quite well. If you run it like this, -w $SolutionPath$ -v diag --files $FilePath$ (or similar to whatever you need to use on your OS) it will format your file. I use Rider as my IDE and it has a "filewatcher" to which just watches for the file to be changed by a save, when it detects that, it runs it against the file.

50. sonicviz

sonicviz

For some reason SI won't show me text file contents in the inspector anymore which is really annoying.
    It shows script file contents just fine.
    Did something change?

How can I get the inspector to show .txt file contents?