Search Unity

Script Inspector 3 - World's Fastest IDE for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Flipbookee, Jun 2, 2012.

?

What would you like to see in the next update?

Poll closed May 17, 2018.
  1. Line numbers

140 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. Code folding

234 vote(s)
    61.7%
  3. More color schemes

43 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Customizable color schemes

71 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. Search functionality

152 vote(s)
    40.1%
  6. Lower price :D

104 vote(s)
    27.4%
  7. No thanks, it's fine as it is :)

11 vote(s)
    2.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Oh, great! Thanks for sharing it here :)

2. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

No, that's kind of intentional - Si3 hijacks the shortcut to allow its Find in Files command to be executed from anywhere in the Editor. But it's also optional, so if you want you can change that in Si3 Preferences - untick this blueish highlighted option:
    upload_2022-9-8_9-26-35.png

Si3 doesn't use Unity's Shortcuts Manager as Si3 was made before that was added to Unity and it still works in the older Unity version... One day that may change, but for now, please use the option above. Or even better, change the shortcut for Align With View command because Shift+Ctrl+F is always in all applications Find in Files, and only in Unity, it's a command that doesn't even contain an F in its name.

Blepius likes this.
  3. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hmm, interesting... Thanks for reporting this issue! It should be an easy fix.

4. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks so much for liking it! :rolleyes:

Rename / F2 command will be added soon. Ctrl+click to go to symbol definition can be added easily, just I haven't done that yet because I never liked that in other IDEs, especially when I want to ctrl+drag selected text to duplicate it and I have to initiate the drag by carefully pressing the mouse button between symbols, or when other symbols get underlined while dragging over them. I hope I'll do something in Si3 to implement that properly without such annoyances.

F12 is already much, much faster in my local working version thanks to some massive optimizations I did after I got addicted to the upcoming Profiler-to-Si3 integration feature, and it will be released with the first next update.

Right, nested functions are not supported in the current version, but they should be in the next update. Sorry about that - I only have two hands ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Ye, would be mainly things like != etc. Got used to it in Visual Studio with the Cascadia Code font and was curious if it would be available if I were to switch to IC3 and use the same or other font that includes it.

Flipbookee likes this.
  6. inSight01

inSight01

Does Si3 support refactoring or is it possible to find all and rename?

7. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Currently, refactoring features in Si3 are limited to:
    • Automatic fixes by adding a missing using directive for an inaccessible type or by fully qualifying its name
    • Generating methods for all of Unity's documented and undocumented "message" methods (a.k.a. magic methods)
    • Generating property with accessors for an existing field
    • Generating implementation for an override method
    • Generating a method call inside an override method to that method's implementation in the base class
    The rename refactoring should be added in one of the next two updates.

It can find all references to a symbol, or find some text in all files and optionally replace it with something else.

Stexe likes this.
  8. inSight01

inSight01

That's fantastic to hear. Thanks.

Flipbookee likes this.
  9. pioj

pioj

I've bought Si3 recently and It's amazing how fast and useful is. Congrats!

Some more feedback:

Code completion on header attributes (like CreateAssetMenu) should be welcomed as a feature.
    Some methods and events are not properly previewed (i.ex. OnTriggerEnter)

Also, you could add extra functionality in the context menu/right click.

Flipbookee likes this.
  10. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks so much! :rolleyes:

Do you mean showing hints for the parameters of CreateAssetMenu, or something else? Yes, I see parameter hints are not showing up - should be easy to fix that.

I'm not sure what you mean... Can you explain, please? :)

Sure. What else would you like to see there?

11. Qubeoid

Qubeoid

I have an issue with Script Inspector 3 which I hope you can help with.

It’s been perfectly working for months but recently I updated MacOS to Ventura. The editor will work normally to begin with but once I’ve entered play mode and exited then the editor text will flash off / on randomly or show random garbled text while typing / copying pasting text etc. The content of the files are not affected in anyway.

Not quite sure if you can help until you’ve seen the problem first hand on Ventura but was hoping you might have some magic solution, thanks.

Flipbookee likes this.
  12. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

That sounds like the GPU runs out of memory. It may be related to the specific combination of your Unity version and the OS, so check is there maybe a newer version of Unity available - they may have fixed some bugs or improved support for the new OS.

I can try to reproduce the issue, just tell me what is your exact Unity version for this project.

Could you try and see how this project is going to work on a newer Unity version? Or maybe an older one? Or check Si3 in an empty project with this Unity version. But still, it would be best if you help me reproduce this issue, then I can try to find a workaround.

13. Qubeoid

Qubeoid

@Flipbooke, thanks for the email assistance today. As we found out it was an issue with LTS 2021.3.x on MacOS Ventura ( ARM64 ) but working perfectly on 2022.1.x :)

***EDIT***
    Spoke too soon, it still happens with the latest 2022.1.x release. Must be something stupid in Ventura as it was flawless in Monterey.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    Flipbookee likes this.
  14. Qubeoid

Qubeoid

@Flipbooke, did you get a chance to see if you get the same bug on MacOS Ventura? I tried on the latest beta of 2022 but unfortunately that is the same too.

Flipbookee likes this.
  15. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah no, I thought it was fine after updating Unity, but I see the “edit” now. I’ll check…

16. Vaupell

Vaupell

Love SI3 <3

Just one thing, i would really like to be able to not have the SI console, missing a option to stop it from opening on errors in code.

GDevTeam and Flipbookee like this.
  17. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

You confused me, but I see now - that's a bug. For some reason, the SI Console opens up on compile errors even when it isn't set to do that. Thanks for reporting this, I'll fix it!

Also, thanks so much for liking Si3 :cool: Please consider posting a review if you get a minute.

shaico and Vaupell like this.
  18. Darksider518

Darksider518

Hi!

I really enjoyed the idea of scripting IN editor!
    Currently I'm using Pop OS/ubuntu with unity and see if I can actually develop something on linux :p
    I noticed some old posts mentioning the same issue which is Ctrl + S and Ctrl + Z doesn't really work
    The editor is still "consuming" these inputs rather than letting the SI3 have it
    Ctrl + Shift + Z works for undo, but Ctrl + Shift + S doesn't really work that well because the editor also uses this shortcut it seems :p
    Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Flipbookee likes this.
  19. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Right, okay. I'll have to run it on Linux and see if I can fix that. I'll let you know...

20. robertsze

robertsze

Unfortunately same issue here, using SI3 for years (latest version) and after upgrading to Ventura now almost unusable because of the flickering/refresh and very slow. Unity 2021.3.13f1

Every time you click inside a SI3 tab it goes blank(white), delays 1 sec and refreshes eventually. If you scroll, you will get garbage and eventually refreshes correctly after about 1 sec

Stexe and Flipbookee like this.
  21. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I'm afraid I can't do much about that. There are problems in Unity currently when it runs on macOS Ventura, especially with the Metal Graphics API. Some of those issues are being worked on and I hope will be fixed soon. For example, there's this one:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...th-white-squares-when-opening-package-manager
    aiming to be released with the first next unity update.

And there are some other graphics related issue that started happening only after updating to Ventura, such as this one:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ers-when-entering-the-play-mode-with-vsync-on

Some of those issues have been fixed in Unity 2021.3.15, like these ones:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ers-when-entering-the-play-mode-with-vsync-on
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...are-missing-when-using-macos-13-dot-0-ventura

So please try updating your Unity to 2021.3.15 and check if that's better. And please let me know, because my MacBook is slightly too old to support Ventura, so I cannot check myself, unfortunately. There are ways to install Ventura on unsupported Macs, but I haven't managed to do that yet.

22. marsbalisacan

marsbalisacan

I can confirm that the flickering issue has been fixed for me after updating to 2021.3.15

Flipbookee likes this.
  23. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

That’s amazing :) Thanks for confirming!

24. Qubeoid

Qubeoid

Unfortunately still no joy here. Works great for a few minutes of being in play mode and exiting a few times brings back the flickering and corruption :(

Flipbookee likes this.
  25. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah damn! With Unity 2021.3.15?

26. Qubeoid

Qubeoid

Yeah, I updated in the hope and of course it works for a few minutes going in and out of play testing and then starts the flicker and random mess.

Flipbookee likes this.
  27. rpgw

rpgw

I have been having the same text corruption issue on the Mac (intel, Radeon560x, 13.0, Unity 2022.1) and had relegated myself reluctantly to using VS.

I tried SI3 again using 2022.2 and the issue seems to be fixed. I was working with it for a few hours just fine...until I opened the Package Manager window. Then the SI3 text is corrupted when you focus on it again. Closing the Package Manager window and reloading Unity seems to restore the text rendering to normal.
    Reproducible for anyone else?

This reminds me of a previous Mac Unity issue (2019 I think) where the Package Manager's text would render entirely as white squares. I wonder if it's related?

Flipbookee likes this.
  28. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah, that's great news! Thanks for sharing this info :)

The improvement might be due to this issue being fixed in Unity 2021.3.15f1, 2022.1.24f1, 2022.2.0f1, 2023.1.0a20, but it's still in review for Unity 2020.3.43f1:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...are-missing-when-using-macos-13-dot-0-ventura

The issue in Package Manager might be this one, which is in review for Unity 2020.3.43f1 and hasn't been fixed in other versions so far:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...th-white-squares-when-opening-package-manager

But I'm happy that they are fixing these issues - there's hope they'll fix them all soon :)

29. HypnotistDK

HypnotistDK

I just wan't to let you know that i have the same issue with text corruption running Unity 2021.3.15f1 on apple silicon
    I hope its getting fixed soon its impossible to work with and you plugin is the best :)

Flipbookee likes this.
  30. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Someone reported the fonts issues in macOS Ventura to appear to be fixed in Unity 2022.2.2, which was released on January 10th, so you could try that if upgrading your project to Unity 2022 isn't too hard. Otherwise, please try Unity 2021.3.16, released on December 15th. It may not be fixed in Unity 2021 yet as that's a few weeks older release, so the fix might get integrated into the next version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

31. marsbalisacan

marsbalisacan

I've been on 2022.2.2 for a week now and it hasn't happened to me yet

Flipbookee likes this.
  32. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

YAY! :)

Thanks for sharing this info

33. JVemon

JVemon

I think the editor is missing support for namespace alias autocompletion.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using GUID = System.Guid;   // because I refuse to use Unity's GUID
    GUID wouldn't appear as an autocomplete option.

Flipbookee likes this.
  34. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks @JVemon! I’ll check why it doesn’t appear…

35. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

36. glangor

glangor

I was looking to see if there was a 'rename' refactor - that's the main one I ever use, so consider this a vote for adding that one soon! Jumping into Rider just to do that would be a shame :)

Flipbookee likes this.
  37. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

38. blacksun666

blacksun666

any plans to add support for github co-pilot or chatgpt4?

Flipbookee likes this.
  39. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Yes, I think I'll have to. It seems like that's the world's direction, even at an accelerating speed.

Accessing Chat-GPT API looks a bit simpler than replicating Copilot functionality, so that would come first.

blacksun666 and Stexe like this.
  40. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Flipbookee and blacksun666 like this.
  41. the_unity_saga

the_unity_saga

any chance for update to make it work in 2023.2 alpha?

i hate visual studio

Flipbookee likes this.
  42. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I cannot release the update yet, but I've prepared a patch with a workaround for the changes/bugs introduced in Unity 2023. Check your Inbox in a few minutes :)

the_unity_saga likes this.
  43. digitalzombie

digitalzombie

This would be fantastic. Any ETA on this?

Flipbookee likes this.
  44. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Uhm, I'm very bad at giving estimates, but I was planning to try that right after releasing the next update with code folding. Code folding is very close to release now, hopefully will be done within a week or so.

Stexe and Unifikation like this.
  45. Unifikation

Unifikation

Code folding vastly more important than premature inclusion of the rapidly changing hallucinators that are current "AI".

beneath the fold:
    THANK YOU.

tolosaoldfan and Flipbookee like this.
  46. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 20.02.41.png

@Flipbookee Can you add a search option to only search in current project window location?
    As many times I want to narrow down the search to only files in one folder ( and subfolders of that )

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    Flipbookee likes this.
  47. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah nice! Good idea :)

Unifikation and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  48. redmotion_games

redmotion_games

Due to problems with the auto-complete in VScode Mac, I've switched to Script Inspector 3. Thanks for making such a useful addon for Unity. I have a request: I often use switch for enums and am wondering if you could add auto-propagation of all enum values like in Visual Studio? You type switch, then tab x2 for the basic statement autofill. Then when you type the variable you want to switch and press return twice, it auto-fills all the enum values. Thanks again.

Flipbookee, Unifikation and Novack like this.
  49. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks @redmotion_games! I'm so glad you find Si3 more helpful than VS Code :cool:

Auto-filling the enum values would be an awesome addition, and it isn't too complicated to add that. So thanks, I'll add that once I get a chance. I'm trying to complete the current release first, so I can't start adding features right now. But that shouldn't take long as now it feels stable enough for the release. It's been tested for the last month or so and only two minor bugs showed up which were fixed right away.

redmotion_games likes this.
  50. jawasjnsdjn

jawasjnsdjn

repaint issue in 2022.3
    • Unable to find style 'ToolbarSeachTextField' in skin 'DarkSkin' repaint
    • Unable to find style 'ToolbarSeachCancelButton' in skin 'DarkSkin' repaint
    • Unable to find style 'ToolbarSeachCancelButtonEmpty' in skin 'DarkSkin' repaint

Flipbookee likes this.