Search Unity

Script Inspector 3 - World's Fastest IDE for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Flipbookee, Jun 2, 2012.

?

What would you like to see in the next update?

Poll closed May 17, 2018.
  1. Line numbers

140 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. Code folding

234 vote(s)
    61.7%
  3. More color schemes

43 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Customizable color schemes

71 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. Search functionality

152 vote(s)
    40.1%
  6. Lower price :D

104 vote(s)
    27.4%
  7. No thanks, it's fine as it is :)

11 vote(s)
    2.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Smolli

Smolli

Got drowned in work, now back, thanks for the edits, looked for new version, not up yet, correct?

cheers

Flipbookee likes this.
  2. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Not up yet, sorry @Smolli. Got drowned in work as well, hopefully back tomorrow, then released by Monday :)

3. Smolli

Smolli

No Stress, unhealthy :), bundle all the fixes and enhancements and then do a release when the bundle is big enough :)

Flipbookee likes this.
  4. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

does it have a history for changed code ?

Flipbookee likes this.
  5. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Do you mean Undo and Redo commands? Yes, of course :) otherwise it would be a pretty useless IDE ;)

xxhaissamxx likes this.
  6. dozhwal

dozhwal

Hi. i have a question but i don't know if it's a script inspector bug, or unity, or me that doing it wrong..
    When i create a class / function with ///summary info. script inspector don't use it as documentation after. What to do to show those infos ?
    Thx

Flipbookee likes this.
  7. CraigGraff

CraigGraff

Not sure if you are aware of this yet, but with ProBuilder now part of Unity, you probably want to either change the keyboard shortcut for commenting from Ctrl+K to something else or find a way to have your handling override theirs when in the editor.

For now, Ctrl+K just makes new cubes appear in my scene.

Flipbookee likes this.
  8. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah @dozhwal, that's a missing feature in Si3. Good that you reminded me! I'll have to add that...

dozhwal likes this.
  9. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I see. It's so rude of them that they've done that - hijacking keyboard shortcuts globally from the main menu like that instead of making them context sensitive (and work only when the targeted window is focused) is very disrespectful and even insulting. Unity is doing that as well unfortunately, and obviously doesn't discourage others to do that, so we can only expect to run out of shortcut in future and we will have to plug a second keyboard in order to do some work? :p

Anyway, there's another alternative shortcut for toggling comments in Si3 - Ctrl+/ does the same thing as Ctrl+K. :cool:

I believe I can also steal the shortcut back from ProBuilder when Si3 is focused, but I won't promise that yet. I'll have to try that first ;)

led_bet likes this.
  10. sngdan

sngdan

@Flipbookee 2018 is around the corner, just checking when you expect to release your next update (I think you mentioned that it addresses the net 4.6 debug log warnings)

Flipbookee and led_bet like this.
  11. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

No, I didn't say that, but I just checked the issue and I think I may have fixed it just now. All I did was to replace this line:
    Code (csharp):
    1. var loadedAssembly = System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(assemblyPath);
    with this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. var loadedAssembly = System.Reflection.Assembly.ReflectionOnlyLoadFrom(assemblyPath);
    in FGTypeSystem.cs and all the warnings disappeared. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure is this going to work for you, but please try it if you can and let me know. I have other fixes that may be related - that's why I'm not sure is this going to be enough.

BTW, how do I check the other issue, the one related to ECS you mentioned?

led_bet likes this.
  12. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, this definitely looks like it has a lot to offer. I was wondering and I guess it might be easier to ask what it can't do instead? Are there any major features that VS offers that this doesn't that might be missed? Does it have the ability to do breakpoints and see the real-time values of variables at runtime and things of that nature? What happens if you have a compilation error on startup which ends up stopping scripts from loading?

--- Edit
    I decided to just go ahead and get it, very first thing I tried to do when I opened it (find a reference) I got an error. : (

https://hastebin.com/vugogokexu.php

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Flipbookee likes this.
  13. sngdan

sngdan

@MostHated things that people find missing is debugging, code folding, code formatting, maybe some more...

Since assembly definitions SI3 works also if you have script errors. I think the overall feeling of people is that it does not have all the features of fully fledged solutions, vs, etc but that the speed and integration outweigh this - I guess also has a lot to do with your setup (1, 2 monitors, etc)

@Flipbookee ok great, looking forward thinking the update. I have not really done much with unity lately other than try the ECS out a little. I will report errors but I think that ECS is still pre-alpha and not worth your time at the moment

Flipbookee likes this.
  14. MostHated

MostHated

Yeah, understandable. It will be more useful, I think, once the incremental compiler comes out as well. It will be nice to be able to very quickly make changes, play, more changes, play. Currently my compilation times are close to a minute on the client side, luckily I have been working mostly server-side lately, it is much fast as the total size is like 1/20th the client.

15. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@MostHated That's an interesting find and I believe it's an easy fix. I think the update with this and many other improvements will be ready tonight, so please watch this thread, I post new version announcements here.

Thanks for reporting the issue! It's specific to your project, but also my bad that I didn't nest some of my using statements inside the body of the ScriptInspector namespace to avoid that...

16. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Right, great suggestion! This update goes live tonight then :)

17. MostHated

MostHated

For what feels like every asset I own, I always end up with some weird issue that hundreds of people before me have never had, its always me that ends up finding it with an error, lol.

Flipbookee likes this.
  18. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hi All!

I've uploaded the new version of Si3, but I can't download it. For some reason, the Asset Store is giving me the old version 3.0.21f instead of the new one 3.0.22. Can someone please check this? Is it just me or is it same for everyone?

This is what's new in version 3.0.22:
    - Faster building of parse trees, semantic analysis, and many other optimizations
    - Resolving methods based on named arguments - thanks @_Adriaan
    - Improved compatibility with other plugins - thanks @MostHated
    - Added "Close SI Tabs to the Right" command on SI tabs - thanks @JoeStrout
    - Added "Copy as Path" command on SI tabs.
    - Added printing of text assets with Notepad++ on Windows - thanks @wood333
    - Added progress indicator to Find Results windows
    - Updated DejaVu Sans Mono font to latest version and added its Bold variant - thanks @A0101A
    - Tab Switcher window handles mouse-clicks now
    - Fixed issues with .Net 4.6 - thanks @sngdan
    - Fixed "This visualElement is not my child" error - thanks @syscrusher, et al.
    - Fixed a type cast error - thanks @tosiabunio
    - Fixed an exception while finding all references

Deeeds, syscrusher and tosiabunio like this.
  19. syscrusher

syscrusher

From Unity Plus version 2017.4.1f1, I got 3.0.22, so all good here.

Thanks for the bug fix and the shout-out!

Flipbookee likes this.
  20. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks for the info!

I couldn't download the new version. Tried removing Si3 from the project, restarting Unity, even reuploading the update as version 3.0.22f - nothing helped... Until I switched to the Old Asset Store - everything works fine there :cool:

21. syscrusher

syscrusher

Ah, you didn't say you were trying to make the new Asset Store function. That's a platypus of a different stripe.

As for me, the new Asset Store has never once allowed me to buy something. I can put things into the cart, but when I click Checkout button, the page just hangs; I've tried multiple times in multiple browsers, and left it for over 10 minutes to see if it would recover. I've restarted the browser. I reported the bug to Unity months ago, but as of last week it's still there. The old store works perfectly for me.

Flipbookee likes this.
  22. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Heya folks!

I just wanted to let you know (just in case that wasn't obvious) that:

Script Inspector 3
    version 3.0.22f
    got released on Asset Store

(a couple of days ago ;))
    Here's what's new in it:
    - Faster building of parse trees, semantic analysis, and many other optimizations
    - Resolving methods based on named arguments - thanks @_Adriaan
    - Improved compatibility with other plugins - thanks @MostHated
    - Added "Close SI Tabs to the Right" command on SI tabs - thanks @JoeStrout
    - Added "Copy as Path" command on SI tabs.
    - Added printing of text assets with Notepad++ on Windows - thanks @wood333
    - Added progress indicator to Find Results windows
    - Updated DejaVu Sans Mono font to latest version and added its Bold variant - thanks @A0101A
    - Tab Switcher window handles mouse-clicks now
    - Fixed issues with .Net 4.6 - thanks @sngdan
    - Fixed "This visualElement is not my child" error - thanks @syscrusher, et al.
    - Fixed a type cast error - thanks @tosiabunio
    - Fixed an exception while finding all references

The only issue with that, at least for me, was that that I couldn't update to this new version using Asset Store 2.0, for some reason. The new Asset Store was just offering me the "Import" that imports a previous version, the last one I downloaded from there.

Switching to the Old Asset Store solves the issue! The Old Asset Store works perfectly and it will show the "Update" button instead of "Import", so use that please :)

And as always, a gentle reminder to everyone who hasn't rated of posted a review for Si3 - this is a perfect opportunity to do that and I'll be thanking you to the sky and back for that favor!

I also can't wait to hear how is this new version going to work for you! Please report all issues (if you find some) and I'll take care of them immediately. Otherwise, please don't let me wait forever, but if it works better than before say that so I can sleep well :) (that's just a phrase, I never sleep, there's so much work to do for all the next updates).

23. dsafew

dsafew

Hi,Flipbookee

I have two issues.
    1. shortcut is not working right. copy shortcut is cmd+c but undo shortcut is ctrl+z. I use macOS with pc keyboarded.
    2. when I use var keyword,Intelligence is not working.

Flipbookee likes this.
  24. dsafew

dsafew

25. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hi @dsafew! Yes, that's because Cmd-Z on OS X is taken by Unity's own Undo command in the Edit main menu. Unfortunately, they didn't provide a mechanism for plugins to override handling of that shortcut as they did that for other commands such as Cut, Copy, Paste. Delete, Find, Duplicate...

However, there's a solution! @inventor2010's amazing free plugin for Si3 posted here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/script-inspector-3.195218/page-13#post-2226154
    allows handling of Cmd-S, Cmd-Z, and Shift-Cmd-Z in Unity on OS X for Save, Undo, and Redo commands in Si3! :)

Note: There are other versions of that plugin posted before and after that post, but please don't use those! They have some issues and the version attached to the post linked above is the only one that works correctly.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean exactly. Can you please explain with more details? Or show me the code in which the auto-complete doesn't work. Maybe copy that code and paste it here, or take a screenshot or even better a short screen capture video, whatever is easier for you.

Thanks! :)

26. dsafew

dsafew

there have errors,when I use var keyword, can't find various and methods.

Attached Files:

Flipbookee likes this.
  27. dsafew

dsafew

28. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah yes, I see! I'll check that right now... Thanks for reporting this issue!

29. dsafew

dsafew

@inventor2010's plugin works fine for me.
    Thanks!:)
    And if I write code like below, it works too.
    ContextObserverBehaviour[] bs = FindObjectsOfType<ContextObserverBehaviour>();
    foreach (var contex in bs)
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < contex.transform.childCount; ++i)
    {
    AddBaseConfig(contex.transform.GetChild(i).gameObject);
    }
    }

Flipbookee likes this.
  30. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hmm, I cannot reproduce that, it works fine for me... Can you check what is your version of Si3?

31. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

And, if you declare bs variable as a var type?

32. dsafew

dsafew

use var type will not work.

33. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hmm, strange... Can you please check what version of Si3 is that? Is it the latest version released a few days ago? The easiest way to check that is from the main menu - select:
    Window -> Script Inspector 3 -> About...

34. wolfen231

wolfen231

This asset is great. Thanks!

syscrusher and Flipbookee like this.
  35. dsafew

dsafew

The version is 3.0.22, I just buy it yesterday.

Flipbookee likes this.
  36. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Well then it's a bug, but I don't know how to reproduce it. I'll try a few other setups and I'm sure I'll find out what's wrong, just I'll need more time. Is there a way you could maybe share that project with me? Also, please tell me what version of Unity do you use - I'll try in the same setup as you, maybe that will help...

37. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thank you so much! :cool:

It will be a great help for the future of this project if you could rate it (or maybe even post a review) :)

wolfen231 likes this.
  38. wolfen231

wolfen231

Yes of course. Already left a 5 star rating. =)

Flipbookee likes this.
  39. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

YAY!!! :D Thanks! :)

That's the first new stars rating in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I even thought the rate function is broken and reported it to Asset Store :p asking them to fix it, but yeah, I see it was actually working :rolleyes:

wolfen231 likes this.
  40. wolfen231

wolfen231

HAHA

Flipbookee likes this.
  41. dsafew

dsafew

I use unity 2018.1.0b13, you can use code like this
    var go = FindObjectsOfType<GameObject>();
    foreach (var item in go)
    {
    item.transform.name = "test";
    }

Flipbookee likes this.
  42. dsafew

dsafew

I update to unity 2018.1.0f2, still not work too.

Flipbookee likes this.
  43. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I just tried it in Unity 2018.1 and it's still working fine. I suspect there must be something specific in your project or its settings that breaks it, so could you please try that in a new empty project? I'm really curious to see will it work there or not...

Edit: I just had another idea what may be causing this - please tell me what's the path within your project's Assets folder to that script.

dsafew likes this.
  44. dsafew

dsafew

I think I known the problem, The ContextObserverBehaviour class is in a dll, and GameObject works fine actually(my flault;)).

Flipbookee likes this.
  45. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ah, excellent! That should be an easy repro, which is a prerequisite for a quick fix... Thanks @dsafew! I’ll take care of that immediately.

wolfen231 likes this.
  46. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Okay, that didn't help much - it still works perfectly... Assuming the ContextObserverBehaviour class is the one from Entitas, I started a new project, downloaded and added to that project the latest .dll version of Entitas and made this script:
    upload_2018-5-8_13-58-35.png

I'm out of ideas @dsafew... Can you please share your project with me? I'd only need the scripts, .dll and .asmdef files. If that isn't possible, could you try to create a simple minimal project where the issue occurs and send that to me?

47. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I tried switching to different Build Targets - still no issue. It works perfectly :confused:
    Then I tried switching Scripting Runtime Version - both .Net 3.5 and .Net 4.0 still work fine.
    Switching Scripting Backend also doesn't break it...

I'm out of ideas again... Can someone else try this too, please?

48. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I see, you also “tested” posting a review - it works as well :cool:

Thanks for being so awesome!

wolfen231 likes this.
  49. wolfen231

wolfen231

Who... me? ;)

Flipbookee likes this.
  50. dsafew

dsafew

Weird, I use same class same code in a new project, and it works. I will do more research in weekends, then give you more information.
    Thank you for your support!! @Flipbookee

Flipbookee likes this.