Search Unity

Script Graph lags in Play window and Editor window

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by artemg2006, Jan 14, 2022.

1. artemg2006

artemg2006

Hi!

I'm using 2021.2.8f1 Apple Silicon. To reproduce the problem, you need to open an empty project, add a script machine component to any object and create a script graph, even if it is empty, the problem will repeat. The most important thing is that the script graph window and the Play or Editor window are visible on the screen at the same time. If you hide or close script graph, then fps is consistently high, and if the script graph window is visible, then everything starts to lag and it is impossible to check the game or script.

I saw that this was complained about five years ago on the Bolt forums and apparently the problem has not been solved. I did not find an actual bug or topic on the forum.

I installed the actual intel version of the build and there the problem repeated. I also tried to install different Apple Silicon builds, but the problem exists everywhere and on different versions of the visual programming package itself. And I tried to install the 2020 version, where Bolt is downloaded separately, but there, too, the situation repeated itself. In the beta version of 2022, the problem is also relevant.

I hope that this can be solved somehow, because even though I'm used to programming in the old way, I really liked visual programming and it speeds up the process.

2. Trindenberg

Trindenberg

Try this out, added Windows/Visual Scripting Tools menu. Shift+Alt+0, 1, or 6 set repaint speed to 0, 15, 60(default) fps. Alternatively add it to a gameobject and set it manually. Repaint FPS will reset on opening a new graph Window (or reloading scripts I think), unless you have this on a gameobject.

Reload Scripts on Exit (attach to a gameobject) or manually via menu Shift+Alt+R. I use this to avoid Null Texture issue (disappearing icons) when exiting play mode. No need if you don't get this problem.

Unload Unused Assets on Exit (attach to a gameobject) or from Menu. Just heard this clears up memory a bit.

Attached Files:

3. Trindenberg

Trindenberg

Here's a tidier version. No FPS hotkeys just menu items and the gameobject. Find a custom FPS that works for you and put that in the gameobject. :)

Attached Files: