Search Unity

Question Script Execution Order "plus" button causes error from assembly meta file

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JustJunuh, Sep 1, 2020.

1. JustJunuh

JustJunuh

So, every single time I press the "plus" button, I get this error:

upload_2020-8-31_22-2-57.png

Manually retyped:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Assets/Plugins/Demigiant/DOTween/DOTween.dll.meta
    2. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary `2[TKey, TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
    I have found exactly zero people with this same error. I recognize that there's some internal dictionary that has some bad entries in it, but I have no idea how to reset that Dictionary or how it got broken in the first place.

I've tried:
    • Upgrading Unity version from 2020.1.2f1 to 2020.1.3f1
    • Reimport All
    • Removing and re-adding DOTween. However, this just causes an error from Rewired_Core. Then, it moves on to UMotion if that dll.meta doesn't exist.
    What can I do to fix this?

SolidAlloy and Xavierseal like this.
  2. Sussifix

Sussifix

I have the same issue. I was just curious, but it worked for me to just drag and drop the script to the Script Execution Order window.

3. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

I presume there's a .asset file somewhere that has this list defined in it. You can probably edit that file manually and delete any duplicate entries if they exist. Or it might be a bug in DOTween that is causing this.

4. JustJunuh

JustJunuh

Probably, I couldn't find it though. The issue seems to be with PlasticSCM since when I turn it off the issue goes away. For now, I just drag and drop scripts in because that works fine too.

Alscenic likes this.
  5. Xavierseal

Xavierseal

I've got the same problem. Have you solved it?

6. JustJunuh

JustJunuh

Still broken for me with PlasticSCM as of 2020.2.1f1. The workaround right now is to just manually drag and drop the script into the list. This alternative method seems to still work fine and hasn't greatly inconvenienced me.

Xavierseal likes this.
  7. jmaster2710

jmaster2710

I was looking for a solution aswell, and this is a great alternative I didn't know about. Thanks!

JustJunuh likes this.
  8. Pablomon

Pablomon

I am getting the same error. 4 years after, is there a way to fix it?

9. Demigiant

Demigiant

Found the reason and submitted a bug report (it's a Unity bug). It happens if the project contains a DLL that has two or more MonoBehaviour/ScriptableObjects inside. Here's a pic from my bug report that explains it:

! README.png

SolidAlloy likes this.
  10. n8dev_yt

n8dev_yt

this alternative works for me on unity 2020.2f
    I hope this gets fixed :/