Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Script Execution Order: Allow typing in name of script

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by esbenjon, Apr 12, 2022.

1. esbenjon

esbenjon

In Project Settings -> Script Execution Order, when adding a script it is chosen using a drop down list. This is impractical in a project with many scripts, because the dropdown becomes very long.
    I suggest letting the user type in the name of the script as an extra option.

2. spiney199

spiney199

Like any drop down you can type out the name and your OS should focus on a matching drop down entry. At least Windows does; no idea about any other OS.

esbenjon likes this.
  3. esbenjon

esbenjon

Doh, I didn't think of that, it does help.
    Although it prefixes entries with the namespace, so it can still be inconvenient if a lot of files have the same namespace root.
    It would work better with a similar interface as adding a component to a GameObject.

4. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

It should be extremely rare to use this function. I mean extremely, Once in five years rare or so.

I haven't used it ever (and I'm using Unity for > 8 years) outside of one exercise when I learned what's Unity is capable of back in the days.

So convenience is secondary in case of this function.

unityunity