Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Script duplicates after I edit it. Bug? Or did I do something...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MiTsSsS4, Jun 21, 2020.

1. MiTsSsS4

MiTsSsS4

Hey guys,

Here's a weird one, each time I edit a script (in VisualStudio), I come back to the editor only to find compiler errors that the Update() and FixedUpdate() are used in the same script several times (Error CS0111). I don't think this is something that can't be fixed simply by restarting the editor or starting a new project, but I thought it was too weird to not post on here and hopefully help other people who are not able to restart their projects from scratch because they made a lot of progress in it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Can you post the actual error, and ideally use Code tags to post the code it's complaining about?

3. MiTsSsS4

MiTsSsS4

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

the only errors that were being generated in the editor console were the ones I mentioned in the original post, the editor was complaining about the existence of more than 1 Update() and FixedUpdate() in the same script, (because it was duplicating it whenever I change something in it inside VisualStudio and come back into Unity) it was Error CS0111 I believe. Also, as I said before, nothing a simple restart couldn't fix, but I thought I'd post about it so people won't panic if it ever happens with them.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020