Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Have you noticed improvement in script assemblies reload time in 2022.2b ?

Discussion in '2022.2 Beta' started by StellarVeil, Jul 31, 2022.

?

Have you seen significant script change iteration time in the 2022.2 betas ?

1. Yes

6.8%
  2. No

93.2%
  1. StellarVeil

StellarVeil

I'm still not getting any improvement on post-script change reload time in 2022.2b3 on my project am I missing something ? has anyone seen significant gain maybe you can share your experience ?

akuno likes this.
  2. akuno

akuno

I think the question is written a bit ambiguously. I assume you meant "Script change interation time improvement".

StellarVeil likes this.
  3. RobertOne

RobertOne

what do you wanna know? if it got betterr worse?

for me, it got a bit better. but just verrrry little

4. Lahcene

Lahcene

I think it's like what akuno said, he wants to know if it got better.

5. StellarVeil

StellarVeil

I mentioned that here but yeah I should've written "improvement" instead of "change" but I assumed it was obvious considering the iteration time issue:
    It's mostly about the script assemblies reload time being longer than it should for the past 3 main Unity versions.
    If it's veeerryy little then it counts as non-significant and would encourage you to vote no.

The point of this thread is not to antagonize but to let the Unity devs know that the changes they think improve reload time aren't working for most users and thus try to see how to make it work.
    We'd also need to know on which types of projects they obtained 8-22% like are they using real world sizable projects or just dummy projects for benchmarking.

akuno likes this.
  6. StellarVeil

StellarVeil

You're right my bad, I updated the title but I can't edit the poll's though it should be fine since ppl can read both and understand.

akuno likes this.
  7. Sjonsson

Sjonsson

Just what I was wondering. Thanks for doing the thread. This is the ONLY feature I truly care about and need in future updates.

Ghat-Smith, kloot, cxode and 2 others like this.