Search Unity

Screenshots of the documentation does not match my account

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by darashayda, Sep 21, 2021.

1. darashayda

darashayda

https://docs.unity.com/ccd/Content/UnityCCDDashboard.htm#Entries

I do not see any TAB for :

"From the Latest tab, click Upload using the dashboard if the bucket is empty, or Upload Content if the bucket already contains entries.
    "
    Also your video

mostly does not match what I see in my Unity account.

Moreover the game in the video crashes upon play.

So I am failing on all fronts, there must be a serious versioning issue here

Dara

2. darashayda

darashayda

I found the upload TAB and does not match anything in the documentation nor video.

D

3. ChristinaGuo

ChristinaGuo

Unity Technologies

Hi @darashayda thanks for the feedback. As we're constantly making improvements to the product, it's possible that the video from May contains older screenshots of the product. However, the documentation should be up to date.

Below is a screenshot of what the documentation is referring to for upload. The screenshot in the documentation shows the state of the bucket immediately after an upload has been completed. Could you help us pinpoint where the documentation does not match the dashboard?

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 3.33.56 PM.png

4. ChristinaGuo

ChristinaGuo

Unity Technologies

For the game crashing, are you referring to Loady Dungeons? I can check on this with the team. Which version of the game are you using?

5. darashayda

darashayda

LoadyDungeons-t0.1.0

What was placed into your documentation link.

BTW pleasure to meet you.

I am annoying in the beginning so you are forewarned :) But quickly I fade away just need some basics.

I also would to have our organization to contribute some new cloud techs that might be of interest to you and the developers here (not soliciting).

Dara

6. darashayda

darashayda

already found that.

7. ChristinaGuo

ChristinaGuo

Unity Technologies

I'm sorry that you were frustrated! We want to make onboarding as smooth as possible, and we appreciate the feedback. Let me ask our team to take a look at the game.

8. darashayda

darashayda

I am not frustrated at all, and no need for apology.

If&when I am frustrated you will notice for sure :)

All is good now.

I am going to use one of our own games to start build buckets for this evening.

If we would be very helpful if you could tell me how to place a collection of Prefabs into a single bucket.

Currently I was making AssetBundles from Asset Build into a directory and was able to stream them from our our own servers.

But Asset Bundles come with quirks and we do not time for quirks.

So suggestion was made to take our chance with CLI and here I am.

Dara

9. darashayda

darashayda

We are good here, minus a few tiny questions, I think in one evening we did full CCD of course by your help and the team.

In your debt.

Now we can do real cloud services work. (REVISED)

I will put up the applications and services here for you and others advise us best how to deliver fast and furious!

Dara

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  10. ArturoNereuUnity

ArturoNereuUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi darashayda, please let me know if I can help you troubleshoot the Loady Dungeons game.

Is the editor crashing or is the game not working as expected?

11. darashayda

darashayda

Hello Arturo

Another Unity fellow I am a big fan of.

It is possible that I did not understand the steps for the development of the buckets, since right after download if I run the game get null exceptions.

Let me run it one more time and please do tell me what are the steps for running it properly.

Dara

12. ArturoNereuUnity

ArturoNereuUnity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for your kind words.

So, if you run the game right after downloading it, it won't work as you need to follow the steps in the tutorial to configure Addressables.

If you want to skip that part, you can use this other release: https://github.com/UnityTechnologies/LoadyDungeons/releases/tag/ws0.5.0

It will work as the Addressables will be configured, but won't be fetching the content from CCD, it will be using the local assets.

13. darashayda

darashayda

Ok I figured that all wee hours of the morning after I did the post.

We are good, if any questions I post here.

Please to meet you Arturo.

Dara

14. ArturoNereuUnity

ArturoNereuUnity

Unity Technologies

Awesome, thank you. Yes, feel free to reach out with any other questions.

And pleasure was mine :)

15. darashayda

darashayda

Arturo I had some silly bugs that forced the Addressable Scenes to load non-stop and fixed them.

Basically your simple but sophisticated scene management is superior in all ways.

Other guys write obfuscated dense code and soon after they even do not remember what they did!

Your code is highly useful for our project, and the fact that is is slim and simple makes it quite powerful.

Thank you for sharing

Dara