Search Unity

Screenshots have incorrect colors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Joshdbb, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

When I take a screenshot using 'Application.CaptureScreenshot' the colors of the image don't match the colors seen in the editor.

Is this normal behaviour? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Hm, I'm thinking perhaps there is some post processing camera effect going on that the screen capture call fails to get properly?

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you using linear or gamma lighting?

4. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

@Kurt Dekker Unfortunately this isn't the case. I don't have a single post processing effect active. Thanks though.

I just tried the same test on a completely fresh 2D project and get the same issue. All I did in the project is set the camera background color to red and add the simple script to take the screenshot when a key is pressed (Application.CaptureScreenshot(path, 1)).

@karl.jones This is the first that I have heard of linear vs gamma lighting. I can't see where I can change this setting for the editor. I tried changing the option found in 'Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings' from gamma (the default) to linear with no effect. I'm not sure if this setting is expected to effect the editor though?

Attached Files:

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Can you file a bug report with the simple project you created. We will take a look.

6. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

Ok, I have now done this. Thanks.

karl_jones likes this.
  7. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

I would still like to know if anyone can think of a way that I could get around this issue. I'm trying to release my game very soon and need to be able to take hi-res screenshots for the app store submission.

8. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

I have just heard from Unity support that the issue only effects OS X and that I should be able to take screenshots using Windows. I will try this later.

9. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

I had the same problem on Windows 8.

10. daisySa

daisySa

If the screenshots are just for submitting the game (rather than part of the gameplay), can't you just take them while running it in the editor (i.e. using Command-Shift-3 and editing in Photoshop)?