Search Unity

screenshots for flash contest entry

Discussion in 'Flash' started by jdelong, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jdelong

jdelong

One of the things required for entry is a link with a few screenshots of your game. I was wondering if these need to be of what the game actually looks like running in flash, or if they could be taken as they look in the editor. I was just wondering because the quality of my game severely dips from editor to flash player, especially water. Are we required to depict what users will actually experience or can we put our "best foot forward" and have nicer screenshots for people to see?

Just for comparison sake:

Water in Flash

In editor

2. jessee03

jessee03

I would guess what it looks like in flash. Did you change the water for the flash version or do the shaders just not work with flash ?

3. jdelong

jdelong

It's just the shaders not working unfortunately (using water4 minus reflections). Not much I can do at this point to try and make it look better as I'm focused on getting as many levels done for the contest as I can. Just wondering about the screenshots.

4. TyrusPeace

TyrusPeace

I'd guess that we should be including flash screenshots, which is a bummer since I assume just about everyone's games will look better with AA, at the very least.

5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Wow that looks bad in comparison. What flash does is uses jpegs with a default quality of 50%, what I found was by changing it to 100% quality it seems to improve things dramatically).

Okay the shaders dont work so it wont do much :eek:

6. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

screenies from the content as it looks in flash please.