Search Unity

Bug ScreenCapture supersize not working when headset is on. any workarounds?

Discussion in 'VR' started by TzuriTeshuba, Mar 2, 2023.

1. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

I have been using ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot(path, supersize), and now i have trying to incorporate it into live gameplay, rather than just in my "Art Scene". All of a sudden, the supersize parameter seems to be ignored and default to a value of 1, regardless of the value i provide. After some (a lot) of investigation, it seems to only happen when the headset is physically mounted on my face. if i take the headset off (remaining in the same play/app/game session) and capture a photo, it respects the provided supersize value.

If anyone encountered the same issue and has a workaround, i would greatly appreciate to hear it! I want to be able to supersize photos at runtime with the headset on while playing.

I am using:
    Unity 2020.2
    Open XR 1.3 (going to upgrade soon but cant at the moment, praying it will solve it) with Oculus profile
    XR interaction toolkit 1.0.0 pre-6
    Oculus Quest 2 connected with Oculus Link

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  2. Deltigre

Deltigre

Unity Technologies

TzuriTeshuba likes this.
  3. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

4. Deltigre

Deltigre

Unity Technologies

Can you include the issue tracker ID? Oh, and it may be included in the report but what graphics API are you using (e.g. DirectX 11, 12, etc.)?

TzuriTeshuba likes this.
  5. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

I have not filed the report yet, was intending on making a clean project with the bare essentials for reproducing the bug, as i can not send my actual project files (and probably simpler for solving the bug). it may take me a few days to get to unfortunately, but i will update here with the relevent information when i do.

Deltigre likes this.
  6. Deltigre

Deltigre

Unity Technologies

Have you been able to submit an issue?

7. TzuriTeshuba

TzuriTeshuba

No, unfortunately I have not. I really wish there was a simpler way to report bugs, but understand that its easiest for the devs to work with a fully running example of an issue. This bug specifically though is not a real progress blocker for me (and i doubt it is for many others).