Search Unity

Screen Width Differences of iPhone X, iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by kapopixel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. kapopixel

kapopixel

ZAA.png
    Hello everyone,

Since iPhone X, iPhone and iPad have different aspect ratios, I have different width displays in these devices.

Does this simply mean that I have to put every element that has effect to the gameplay (so they will be visible in all devices) in the green square? So I cannot use red and purple rectangles since it will not be visible on the edge of iPad screens ? or am I missing something HUGE ?

Thank you in advance. I am quite confused.

2. Moonjump

Moonjump

It depends on your game. How does the window affect your gameplay?

If being able to view more affects the difficulty level, you might need to blank off the extra space (I have put a banner across the top of the screen in a portrait-orientation vertical shoot-em-up before, your example would have similar at the sides), although if nothing is moving in from the sides, that might not matter.

My current puzzle game has different views on different devices according to screen size as well as aspect ratio. I show as much area as possible on a large screen, but making things bigger for easier interaction and viewing on a small screen. The difference is the amount of scrolling, so I am making the best possible experience for each device.

There are many more possibilities. As I said, it depends on your game.

kapopixel likes this.