Search Unity

Screen Tearing

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by dead_byte_dawn, Sep 25, 2016.

1. dead_byte_dawn

dead_byte_dawn

I recently ported my project over to the Daydream Technical preview build. The only major issue I've seen with this build is some screen tearing on the right eye, it's very noticeable. I'm not using any complex shapes or scripts, and all my textures are either default sdk materials or vertexlit. 2 Directional lights and no shadows on any objects.

This could be a glitch in the newer motion stabilization I see added to the display unit.

Daydream Controller: Nexus 6p
    Controller Emulator: Nexus 4

PS. I'll try and record a session from the Profiler and add it today.

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

I believe this is a known issue with the 6P as the 6P is not the most performant device. This should go away when you have Daydream capable hardware to use.

3. BWerner

BWerner

I have the same issue 5.4.f1 GVR 7 on Nexus 6P

4. stream_in_space_

stream_in_space_

Hello everyone !

I have same trouble. Phone Nexus 6p. Unity Version 5.4.1f1-GVR8 , 5.4.1f1-GVR7

Screen tearing appears when I tilt my head up and down. When i build apk on Unity 5.4.1f1, all works perfect.

Screenshot_20161013-161258[1].png Screenshot_20161013-161306[1].png

5. th3z0d1ac

th3z0d1ac

Same issue,earlier Daydream SDK worked, the problem came up with the Technical Previews, please don't say it to me that they improved so much in the SDK that Nexus can't handle it.... I want to use my Nexus 6p as a developer phone in the future!

6. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

It's a known issue from google side, I don't think there is anything we can do about it.

You can try setting Application.targetFrameRate = 60 with the theory that rendering isn't syncing with reprojection thread on 6p and resulting in the tearing. But I'm not sure if it will resolve the issue.

Running in Cardboard mode should be fine as well, this will disable the asynchronous reprojection and you should still be able to use the controller for development I think.

7. crogers

crogers

Its probably a fill rate limitation. Unreal has the same issue. I can scale down the render in unreal and it still tears after being scaled back up (that's epics advice). I think the lower resolution makes it less apparent but it's still there.