Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Tearing issue PSM

Discussion in 'PSM' started by OneSimpleGame, Jul 25, 2014.

1. OneSimpleGame

OneSimpleGame

Hi

Im trying to port my game from ios to psm, but im having a render issue, i think it is a screen tearing issue.
    The next image explains a little better what im talking about. (It only happens on the PS Vita device, not in Editor)

I attach an unitypackage with a repo project with just a camera (moving in one direction) and a few quads in the scene that remain static.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. mbowen89

mbowen89

Did you turn on anti-aliasing? The Vita has a relatively low resolution in my opinion.

3. OneSimpleGame

OneSimpleGame

I tried with fastest quality settings (no anti-aliasing) , and set vsync count to 0,1 and 2 values, but that did not fix the problem. Actually modifying vsync count at runtime made no difference at all on PS Vita.

4. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

I think there is a problem with the current version that you cannot change VSYNC options at "runtime" (i.e. only at the start of the application, through QualitySettings).

5. OneSimpleGame

OneSimpleGame

Thanks eriQue, set manually (in editor) the QualitySettings to fastest and set vsync count to option every vblank, solved my problem.

6. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Good to hear. ;)
    Also, the just released Hotfix version should have a fix that will enable you to change the VSYNC option at runtime as well.